Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

Well, of course we will. Just saying the numbers are very concerning. Essentially most of us prior to the season were very worried about the starters. Unfortunately it's coming to fruition. Hopefully it's just a blip. I'm glad Wright is out of the rotation but I do worry about Gallardo coming back. He could be another big albatross in the rotation a la Ubaldo.

I have a vested interest here. I'm a season ticket holder...and having tickets to games that Ubaldo or Wright pitched is demoralizing.

I can understand the pitching can be of a concern.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use statistics and facts. There is no agenda here aside from speaking the truth. Take from it what you want. All I want is the O's to be setup for future success instead of a huge crash coming in 2017/2018.

That decision has already been made, like it or not. They took a chance to go for it during their window. I don't like the decisions they made with the SP, but I've also made peace with it and don't insert it into every conversation. I'm just saying, take a step back, enjoy this while you can, because Winter is Coming. There will be plenty of time for hand wringing once the window shuts.

That decision has already been made, like it or not. They took a chance to go for it during their window. I don't like the decisions they made with the SP, but I've also made peace with it and don't insert it into every conversation. I'm just saying, take a step back, enjoy this while you can, because Winter is Coming. There will be plenty of time for hand wringing once the window shuts.

Yeah, if you aren't liking this version of the Orioles you are unlikely to enjoy the next one.

Yeah. There is really no point in spending the next two seasons stressing over what might happen after the 2017 season ends. I don't understand why the strategy necessarily has to be "windows" but if the best deal possible is six years of relevance followed by a couple of years out of the spotlight, sign me up with automatic renewal.

Yeah, if you aren't liking this version of the Orioles you are unlikely to enjoy the next one.

I speak with my wallet. I've been a season ticket holder since 2009 or so. I just want them to be good now AND setup for the future. I love that they're winning. I'm just not keen on their prospects for the future.

Totally agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's simple really, after 14 years of dysfunction, people would rather cling to what's familiar, losing, than embrace the unfamiliar, winning. During the 14 years of darkness the cool pose was to gripe about how bad the team was. Now some folks want to hold on to that.

It's simple really, after 14 years of dysfunction, people would rather cling to what's familiar, losing, than embrace the unfamiliar, winning. During the 14 years of darkness the cool pose was to gripe about how bad the team was. Now some folks want to hold on to that.

This is downright idiotic. Heaven forbid you enjoy watching the team AND be critical at the same time. Guess everything has to be rose pedals and nobody dare say anything remotely negative about Duquette.

I speak with my wallet. I've been a season ticket holder since 2009 or so. I just want them to be good now AND setup for the future. I love that they're winning. I'm just not keen on their prospects for the future.

That's cool. Glad you are still a paying fan.

There isn't as much complaining but it was deserved back then. It is pretty hard to justify the focus on the negative of many these days IMO.

Baseball is a game of failure. It's cool to be right. The end.

If we all agree that 2018 is going to be pretty ugly, will you consider your mission accomplished and move on to another agenda so those of us who want to enjoy the actual winning during this 4-6 year run can do so without so much angst? Just curious

Not in my blood, man.

I'm critical of bad moves. They keep happening. I'm critical of bad organizational edicts (no cutters in the minors). They keep happening. Or how terribly Gausman was handled. Until this club starts drafting and developing right or making proper moves for the future instead of consistently mortgaging it I'll talk about it. Im sorry.

I'll still love the O's and watch the games (I'm going tonight). And I'll cheer for the players.

There isn't as much complaining but it was deserved back then. It is pretty hard to justify the focus on the negative of many these days IMO.

That's fine.

I disagree and that is fine too.

For instance I think all of us that were unhappy with how the Kim situation was handled in Spring Training and how Rickard was getting so much playing time have had our concerns proven out.

I don't think it is impossible to play for the future while not sacrificing the future. We'll soon see if Dan can do it.

Archived