Chris Davis' long foul ball last night

Frobby

I hope so too. He's the kinda of guy that if he gets on a hot streak' date=' he can carry the team. Now would be a good time.[/quote']

I hope so. His May: .210/.313/.380 - .693 OPS, 42 strikeouts in 115 PA. His last 14 games: .148/.246/.278 - .524 OPS, 25 strikeouts in 61 PA. Brutal numbers.

I hope so. His May: .210/.313/.380 - .693 OPS, 42 strikeouts in 115 PA. His last 14 games: .148/.246/.278 - .524 OPS, 25 strikeouts in 61 PA. Brutal numbers.

Yikes! I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad.

Putting aside the question of whether it was foul or fair, Chris Davis's shot down the foul line in the 8th inning last night was one of the most majestic shots that I have ever seen. That ball was so high that it wasn't even in the picture when they showed the play live, and from the looks of things, it came about as close to hitting the Warehouse on the fly as any ball ever has during a game. I would love to know what the apex of that ball was, and how far it traveled, and how close to the Warehouse it came.

As to whether it was fair or foul, who the hell knows? When a ball is that far above the foul pole, how can anyone judge which side of the pole it was on when it left the field of play? It's a shame they didn't have some better camera angles on it, but even if they did, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell at which point the ball passed the foul pole.

What a shot!

I'd like to know those things too Frobby.

Archived