What teams would you rather be right now?

Frobby

It would be a much shorter list of organizations that I wouldn't swap for the O's

but one of the 25 man rosters (not sure about their system) that I think is on the rise

is the Miami Marlins

With an all star outfield of Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich

Hechvarria at SS and Realmato at C they have some nice young players

Fernandez is returning to true ace form, Chen is stable. Need to add a couple starters

but who doesn't. They are a game over .500 with a 70 million dollar payroll. If they spent

like the O's they would be very good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Howard is still ahead of the Atlanta Braves, -1.4 WAR vs. -2.3 WAR.</p>— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) <a href="

">June 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan Howard is still ahead of the Atlanta Braves, -1.4 WAR vs. -2.3 WAR.
— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski)
June 2, 2016

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan is currently riding the pine tar, letting a AAA guy getting a look at the bigs.

Some think, he is soon to be DFA.

I think it's just a roster swap - owner and front office are the same.

I wouldn't want a team's like the Brewers because with a 5-year window they'd be getting an awful late start.

I misunderstood. I thought it meant the entire organization. That's why I picked

the Cardinals. Their ownership. Coaches and minor leagues.

It is an interesting intellectual exercise. Primarily involving players that are rated better by scouts and media. But it does smack a bit of evaluating other women other than my wife of 35 years. Yes, one could say objectively this about that one or subjectively that about this one, but where does that get you? The reality for all of us is that the Orioles are part of our lives, like our family and intimate relationships. The experiences we have shared (just as fans of the Red Sox, Yankees, etc. have shared with their teams) have taken us on a journey from childhood to adulthood. We, of course, can't take those with us to another team. But, if the question is can we just theoretically swap our players for theirs, then yes, I too would make new Orioles of the Cubs, Nationals, Dodgers, Cardinals team and systems.

It is an interesting intellectual exercise. Primarily involving players that are rated better by scouts and media. But it does smack a bit of evaluating other women other than my wife of 35 years. Yes, one could say objectively this about that one or subjectively that about this one, but where does that get you? The reality for all of us is that the Orioles are part of our lives, like our family and intimate relationships. The experiences we have shared (just as fans of the Red Sox, Yankees, etc. have shared with their teams) have taken us on a journey from childhood to adulthood. We, of course, can't take those with us to another team. But, if the question is can we just theoretically swap our players for theirs, then yes, I too would make new Orioles of the Cubs, Nationals, Dodgers, Cardinals team and systems.

I think that is the exercise. Not wearing pink hats.

Archived