Duensing up, Wright down ( Duensing Surgery, Possible August Return.)

Tony-OH

This demotion could be what Wright needs. It all depends how he takes it. If he sees that he still needs to put in some hard work on both his stuff and controlling his emotions, takes direction, and sees this as an opportunity, then hopefully he pitches well there and comes back better than ever. If he's just angry about it and feels it's undeserved, then he'll likely never learn. A little humility could serve him well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought he pitched pretty well...gave up a couple of cheap hits. Plus the ball that Reimold dropped should've been an error.

I thought he looked OK, too. I still think he's pretty much a LOOGY, but he deserved a better fate last night.

Like Roch pointed out last night.

This wasn't based on one game.

Wright went 2-3 with a 5.88 ERA in 10 games (nine starts), with 32 earned runs over 49 innings. He allowed six runs and seven hits over 2 2/3 innings last night in the Orioles’ 13-9 win over the Red Sox at Camden Yards.

Like Buck said after the move, Mike will be back as a starter for this club this year.

Like Roch pointed out last night.

This wasn't based on one game.

Like Buck said after the move, Mike will be back as a starter for this club this year.

He might be back as a starter this year, but it certainly doesn't mean he should. Love the velocity, but I've seen nothing that leads me to believe he should be in a rotation.

As I said in the beginning, he is a reliever, and he might be a real good one.

Trade one of Wright/Givens for a nice deadline piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the heck would you even consider trading Givens with years of control at your disposal?

latest?cb=20140403205522

You're seriously judging a guy on a handful of ABs?

His numbers against lefties in the minors this year:

38 plate appearances, .243/.263/.324 - .587 OPS with a 375 BAbip

Against righties:

57 plate appearances, .216/.273/.275 - .547 OPS with a 282 BAbip

He did not have a great 2015 against lefties in the majors, but since he's been a reliever in the majors against lefties:

2013: .303/.344/.443 - .786 OPS

2014: .242/.282/.305 - .587 OPS

2015: .288 /.413/.364 - .776 OPS

His 2015 was largely driven by poor control. So I feel between his minor league stats this year, his major league stats in 2014/2015, if he can keep his control against lefties, he'll be just fine.

Rep your way for the common sense stat post.

Not a good sign. At all.

He topped out at 89-90 w/ the Orioles usually sitting around 88 with his fastball. With his change being around the mid 80s, that's not enough differentiation.

Last year he was sitting 90-91 with a peak of 94. To lose 4-5 mph off your fastball and being that close to your changeup is going to be disastrous.

It certainly does not bode well for consistent success at the major league level. His other stuff just isn't that good. He'll have to pitch off of guile and although he does seem like a decent pitchability guy, when he's not pinpoint he will be bombed.

16a723b46e817b5fea8f40794869fb66.jpg

That doesn't answer the question. There's no logic, reason, or sense in trading Givens when you have years of control left and teams still don't know much about him and he doesn't have a long track record. If the Orioles were to go into the tank, the more likely and sensible option would be to trade Brach or Britton if you were going to go that route.

That doesn't answer the question. There's no logic, reason, or sense in trading Givens when you have years of control left and teams still don't know much about him and he doesn't have a long track record. If the Orioles were to go into the tank, the more likely and sensible option would be to trade Brach or Britton if you were going to go that route.

Yes there is no logic in selling high and buying low and selling from strength because your farm is as thin as my hair.

Yes there is no logic in selling high and buying low and selling from strength because your farm is as thin as my hair.

This actually makes a ton of sense. If there is one area where we are strong at the MLB level and the minors it's relief pitching. If you could turn a reliever into a SP that would be huge. We were talking in the offseason about doing the trade with HOU that Philly did and they landed a pretty good SP for Giles.

Givens is awesome, but at the same time maybe Wright or Drake could have the same type of success or be close enough to allow us to get a SP for him. With a big payroll and a weak farm system we might have to get creative to get a SP.

It would have to be a team that has "extra" SP's or MLB ready guys in the minors. I don't know too many teams that have that luxury.

This actually makes a ton of sense. If there is one area where we are strong at the MLB level and the minors it's relief pitching. If you could turn a reliever into a SP that would be huge. We were talking in the offseason about doing the trade with HOU that Philly did and they landed a pretty good SP for Giles.

Givens is awesome, but at the same time maybe Wright or Drake could have the same type of success or be close enough to allow us to get a SP for him. With a big payroll and a weak farm system we might have to get creative to get a SP.

It would have to be a team that has "extra" SP's or MLB ready guys in the minors. I don't know too many teams that have that luxury.

Exactly and Wright might be able to replace Givens.

This guy is just awful. Bring up anyone else. Bring back Matusz. Anything.

I have said this on here about 50 times: Oliver Drake. Gets out lefties.-

Did the guy pee in someone's Cheerios?

Archived