O'Day DL, Wright Recalled

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have recalled RHP Mike Wright from AAA Norfolk & placed RHP Darren O'Day on the 15-day disabled list with a R hamstring strain.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing that Wright will go to the pen?

My thought, long guy and see how he handles bp duties. I personally think he could be filthy out of the pen.

Shocked they didn't go with Drake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Nooooooooo. Noooooooooo!

Terrible news about O'Day, although thankfully it is not elbow/shoulder. Hamstring doesn't sound too bad.

I don't know why they are recalling Wright. Even if he goes to the bullpen it seems like we should have better options. Much rather see Drake and let Wright develop in a situation where he can't do any damage. I really hope this is a short term move.

Sounds like a really bad idea. Drake or Richard Rodriguez seems better to me to replace O'Day.

I thought that at first (and because I like Drake) but...

Wright can be the long guy if Worley starts

AND

We see how Wright does out of the pen.

Terrible news about O'Day, although thankfully it is not elbow/shoulder. Hamstring doesn't sound too bad.

Yeah, my first concern was that it was an arm or a hip injury.

I'm not sure I would have recalled Wright, but it will be interesting to see how he performs out of the pen.

I don't know why they are recalling Wright. Even if he goes to the bullpen it seems like we should have better options. Much rather see Drake and let Wright develop in a situation where he can't do any damage. I really hope this is a short term move.

They have a tendency to linger.

Sounds like a really bad idea. Drake or Richard Rodriguez seems better to me to replace O'Day.

Wright needs a break IMO.

Plus didn't Wright just pitch. Is he even available to go tonight? Even with Norfolk playing 14 innings last night it looks like Drake and R.Rod would be ready to go.

Losing O'day is bad. Wright could be a huge part of this team if he can fill Givens role with everyone getting bumped up and important spot.

Maybe Wright wasn't coming out of the rotation in the first place.

Wright was optioned and without the injury would have needed to stay on optional assignment for 10 days. With the injury he could be recalled immediately.

Wright was optioned and without the injury would have needed to stay on optional assignment for 10 days. With the injury he could be recalled immediately.

Do you know if the option is still burned?

Archived