Mike Wright starting tomorrow per Roch

LookitsPuck

I believe the guy is confident, and not sure how that gets translated to uncoachable.

Buck doesn't tolerate uncoachable people, and if that was the case, he would have been long gone. IMO

Another thing, what exactly is he confident about? Outside of his first two initial starts last year he's proven nothing. No improvement in any area.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can still win the series in game 2 and 3.

Ok what's the line on head case Wright making it to the 4th inning. :rolleyestf:

Say your prayers.

Hide ya wife, hide ya kids.

**** you guys.

Sincerely,

Dennis Michael Wright

Mike Wright's number 1 problem is that he throws belt-high fastballs. It doesn't matter if it's on the outside of the plate or not when it's belt-high. He needs a little better command of his off speed stuff.

Mike Wright's number 1 problem is that he throws belt-high fastballs. It doesn't matter if it's on the outside of the plate or not when it's belt-high. He needs a little better command of his off speed stuff.

I think you're right.

I'm going to try to get those fastballs a little higher so that I can get more popouts and flyouts instead of home runs, doubles, and hard-hit singles.

Thanks.

If it was me I would start Pena at catcher and see if that helps. Pena seems to give a lower target then Matt because Matt is so big. I would let Matt DH and Play Trumbo at 1st giving Davis a day off with a lefty starter. Duffy is really good vs lefties so I go all right handed lineup.

CF Jones

RF Rickard

SS Machado

1B Trumbo

DH Weiters

LF Reimold

2b Schoop

C Pena

3B Janish

If Wright were doing well, there would be a lot of posts about what a nice guy he is. Now, we get all these uncoachsble and arrogant comments from people sans clue what they are talking about. He's a young guy struggling to make it in the majors. For every trout and Harper and machado, there are 50 Mike Wrights. Can we stop equating struggles at the major league levels with personality flaws? Unless, of course you are in the clubhouse every day and actually have real information

Good post. Also, if he's as uncoachable and arrogant as everyone says, Buck's comments defending Wright seem out of place. I wouldn't expect him to rip Wright publicly but he has gone out of his way to speak well of him.

I think this all stems from comments made by Palmer a few starts ago.

Personally, it would be very believable if, during his interaction with Palmer, he was overwhelmed with coaching and came across as dismissive to Palmer's advice.

Another thing, what exactly is he confident about? Outside of his first two initial starts last year he's proven nothing. No improvement in any area.

He's just like Jake.....remind me how that turned out? :)

Personally, it would be very believable if, during his interaction with Palmer, he was overwhelmed with coaching and came across as dismissive to Palmer's advice.

I think it is Palmer's comments, plus a few comments Wright has made after some of his starts where he didn't take much responsibility for the bad results and in one case openly called out his defense. That said, I don't think we should go into character assassination mode on the guy. He has some issues but I'd need more evidence before labeling him "uncoachable" and "arrogant."

If Wright were doing well, there would be a lot of posts about what a nice guy he is. Now, we get all these uncoachsble and arrogant comments from people sans clue what they are talking about. He's a young guy struggling to make it in the majors. For every trout and Harper and machado, there are 50 Mike Wrights. Can we stop equating struggles at the major league levels with personality flaws? Unless, of course you are in the clubhouse every day and actually have real information
Good post. Also, if he's as uncoachable and arrogant as everyone says, Buck's comments defending Wright seem out of place. I wouldn't expect him to rip Wright publicly but he has gone out of his way to speak well of him.

Even if it were so and even if there were information to that effect, I'd not be looking to post it.

I think sometimes there are enough voices.

Mike Wright seems very confident, but his postgame comments rub me the wrong way. Calling out his defense, saying he pitched "perfect" even if really wasn't as well as his demeanor on the mound when things go wrong.

Compare that to Tyler Wilson. They couldn't be any more different. Wilson seems like a consummate professional. Great postgame and pregame pressers. Understands who he is.

Archived