So Who Is In Our Rotation?

Aristotelian

I was at the game. Ubaldo obviously didn't have his best command. Still, he kept pushing on. Deep counts, lots of pitches. He was lucky but also he took advantage of his luck. The only run against him was when he walked in a run after the bases were loaded with no outs. Somehow he got out of the jam,giving up just the one run, with a strikeout and great defense by his teammates.

All I know is that, when Gallardo returns, someone has to be put out of the rotation. That "someone" isn't going to be Tillman or Gausman. After Wright's latest nice performance, it's unlikely that Wright will be that "someone." That leaves Ubaldo or Tyler Wilson. By the way, does Tyler Wilson have any options left?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'

You have to be kidding!!!!!!!

Haha. I am just conditioned to expect bad pitching from him and the starters in general. Would "relatively well" be acceptable?

Between his first five innings in Boston and "relatively well" last night, I am not sure he isn't the better option than Wright or Wilson.

I am a big fan of Wilson but the results haven't been there in a while.

I don't see how Worley in the rotation is helping things at all.

WHIP is kind of high, but he seems to throw strikes, has decent command, gets outs. He is more consistent than Ubaldo or Wright and possibly Wilson.

I thought perhaps they were thinking about pulling Wilson for Worley, but Worley pitched 2 innings ast night.

The move must be Ubaldo back to the bullpen with everyone else keeping their spot. In effect it is Ubaldo replacing O'Day, not Wright.

Then again, MASN has a six man rotation scheduled of Tillman today, Wilson tomorrow, followed by Gausman, Wright, Gallardo, Jiminez, but Roch said no six man rotation.

MLB.com has everyone TBA after Tillman. I am still confused here.

My money is on Ubaldo going to the pen when Gallardo comes back.

Makes the most sense overall, but then why did they option Wright? Did they know O'Day was going to the DL, so it was just a paper move to bring up Duensing a couple of days early?

Makes the most sense overall, but then why did they option Wright? Did they know O'Day was going to the DL, so it was just a paper move to bring up Duensing a couple of days early?

He won't go to a six man rotation that is for sure. We only need 1 more starts from the 5th men all the way up to the July series in Seattle after this week. We have a fair share of days off. I could see Buck going with a 3 man rotation and then spot starting someone in the 4 hole depending on match ups. I wouldn't be suprised Gausman may get skipped at some point in the next month to keep innings down. I think it will be Tilman Gausman and Gallardo in the rotation and then mix and match til July.

I think Mike just needed to get his head out of his arse. The reason he is so emotional is that his mother has a rare disease (I believe a rare form of Alzimers), doctors told him she has 2 more years before her memory is gone entirely. That and most of his MLB paychecks go to provide care for her. I understand it, but sometimes you need a wake up call to keep your emotions in check.

Oh my God. My father had the same thing. It's very sad.

He still showed a lack of command and decreased velocity.

It's basically what we've seen from him all season it's just that KC didn't get that one big dagger hit.

He still wasn't good. He just wasn't abysmal. I'm ready for gallardo to take his spot although there is ZERO guarantee he will be any better.

Why not have Jimenez in the BP?

Archived