So Who Is In Our Rotation?

Aristotelian

By the way, time to start keeping an eye on Despaigne. He is on a pretty major hot streak. In his last 8 starts, ER allowed: 1, 2, 3, 1, 0, 3 (in 3 IP), 1 and 0.

ERA has dropped from 6.63 on April 24 to 3.59. I could see him replacing Wright or Wilson at some point.

If it is Ubaldo to the bullpen with Gallardo taking his spot, and Wright and Wilson staying in the rotation for now, then we need to drop somebody from the 25 man. Duenging or TJ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed MLB.com has been updated thru the Toronto series. Surprisingly, Gallardo is not listed on Sunday, it is Ubaldo.

Off day on Monday would allow them to do some shuffling, but they won't skip Tillman. They could skip Wilson, then allow Gausman to start on normal rest, followed by Wright, Jimenez and Gallardo. I wonder if today is the last time we see Wilson for a while.

6/8 (KC)- Tillman

6/9 (TOR)- Wilson

6/10 (TOR)- Gausman

6/11 (TOR)- Wright

6/12 (TOR)- Jiminez

6/13 Off

6/14 (BOS)- Tillman

6/15 (BOS)- Gausman?

6/16 (BOS)- Wright?

6/17 (TOR)- Jiminez?

6/18 (TOR)- Gallardo?

To me, Wright has to stay in the rotation. Unlike most, I see a pretty good future for Mike Wright. I think he has a Tillman-like upside. Wilson? Not so much. Good guy, just does not have a ML arm, that's what I see.

I would like to see Wright get a few more opportunities. Wright drives me crazy at times, but the talent is there - can't say the same about Wilson, although he is certainly the more steady of the two. Wright has the potential to develop into a useful piece. Ultimately I would like to see Ubaldo gone if Gallardo is ready, but it might be prudent to see what Wilson has to offer over his next couple starts before a move like that is made.

Just noticed MLB.com has been updated thru the Toronto series. Surprisingly, Gallardo is not listed on Sunday, it is Ubaldo.

Off day on Monday would allow them to do some shuffling, but they won't skip Tillman. They could skip Wilson, then allow Gausman to start on normal rest, followed by Wright, Jimenez and Gallardo. I wonder if today is the last time we see Wilson for a while.

6/8 (KC)- Tillman

6/9 (TOR)- Wilson

6/10 (TOR)- Gausman

6/11 (TOR)- Wright

6/12 (TOR)- Jiminez

6/13 Off

6/14 (BOS)- Tillman

6/15 (BOS)- Gausman?

6/16 (BOS)- Wright?

6/17 (TOR)- Jiminez?

6/18 (TOR)- Gallardo?

We have off days on the 13th, 23rd, and 27th this month. But a doubleheader on the 25th. We could skip a guy if we wanted. I know Buck likes to give guys extra rest but it might be better to match up through the ASB.

• 2 weeks later...
We have off days on the 13th, 23rd, and 27th this month. But a doubleheader on the 25th. We could skip a guy if we wanted. I know Buck likes to give guys extra rest but it might be better to match up through the ASB.

So Wright has been optioned. Per Roch we will need someone to start Wed. vs SD.

If Despaigne pitches some today he would be on 3 days rest. Gunkel last pitched Tues. 6/14. His next scheduled turn is tomorrow. He would not seem to be lined up to be a possibility, although he could join the bullpen if Despaigne or TJ are moved to the rotation. If he makes his start tomorrow, he would be pitching on only two days rest. TJ pitched last night. He could pitch on normal rest.

With Myers, Kemp, and Upton all RH, I think Despaigne might match up a little better than TJ. Despaigne for a spot start?

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/20 (Tex makeup) Gausman

6/21 (SD) Wilson

6/22 (SD) TJ/Despaigne?

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB1) Gallardo

6/24 (TB2) Tillman

So Wright has been optioned. Per Roch we will need someone to start Wed. vs SD.

If Despaigne pitches some today he would be on 3 days rest. Gunkel last pitched Tues. 6/14. His next scheduled turn is tomorrow. He would not seem to be lined up to be a possibility, although he could join the bullpen if Despaigne or TJ are moved to the rotation. If he makes his start tomorrow, he would be pitching on only two days rest. TJ pitched last night. He could pitch on normal rest.

With Myers, Kemp, and Upton all RH, I think Despaigne might match up a little better than TJ. Despaigne for a spot start?

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/20 (Tex makeup) Gausman

6/21 (SD) Wilson

6/22 (SD) TJ/Despaigne?

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB1) Gallardo

6/24 (TB2) Tillman

Optioning TJ has made it even a little narrower than before. Probably Despaigne goes for the start. When is Worley back?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Will Kyle Lohse return to the big leagues? The latest from the AL West: <a href="https://t.co/y5V0Ew06FE">https://t.co/y5V0Ew06FE</a> <a href="https://t.co/LGVTGFGoX5">pic.twitter.com/LGVTGFGoX5</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="

">June 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 3 weeks later...

Time to ask this again...Following the break we will have three times through the rotation before there is an off day. Who will the rotation be? Tillman, Gausman, and Gallardo are locks, but two spots would appear to be up in the air.

Ubaldo was borderline to start yesterday and was about as bad as he could possibly be.

Wright was not much better in relief, with 3 HBP and 4 runs allowed (although only 2 were earned).

Wilson has not had time to prove he can be any better than he was in June.

Still too early for Bundy? He would destroy his innings limit if he pitched the whole second half as a starter. Stuff has looked the best of all our candidates but still allowing a lot of baserunners.

No major strikes against Worley, but not much in favor either.

Despaigne's ERA is low but has looked shaky.

Then there is door number three...Miranda, Gunkel, Additon...maybe Barker?

Somehow we need to come up with two of these guys...who do you have?

Time to ask this again...Following the break we will have three times through the rotation before there is an off day. Who will the rotation be? Tillman, Gausman, and Gallardo are locks, but two spots would appear to be up in the air.

Ubaldo was borderline to start yesterday and was about as bad as he could possibly be.

Wright was not much better in relief, with 3 HBP and 4 runs allowed (although only 2 were earned).

Wilson has not had time to prove he can be any better than he was in June.

Still too early for Bundy? He would destroy his innings limit if he pitched the whole second half as a starter. Stuff has looked the best of all our candidates but still allowing a lot of baserunners.

No major strikes against Worley, but not much in favor either.

Despaigne's ERA is low but has looked shaky.

Then there is door number three...Miranda, Gunkel, Additon...maybe Barker?

Somehow we need to come up with two of these guys...who do you have?

All three doors. I still say Who is better at 1B.

Archived