Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

13 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He’s thrown the most innings he’s thrown since 2014 by a large margin, I wouldn’t jump to being concerned yet, he could just be wearing down.

Agreed ,and they don't throw him in back to back games yet. You just have to be careful with him and maybe just sore like every other pitcher. If the Orioles are concerned then they should just shut him down with 17 or so games to go. Don't really need him for the pennant chase.

o

3-up, 3-down. 

3 OUTS: ) 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 9/13)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 0

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:ll.1

Pitches: )l 11 (6 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.42  )l  6.33 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.105  )l  6.33 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .136 )l (3 for 22)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(6 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

3-up, 3-down. 

3 OUTS: ) 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 9/13)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 0

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:ll.1

Pitches: )l 11 (6 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.42  )l  6.33 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.105  )l  6.33 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .136 )l (3 for 22)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(6 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

Not too sore. 

So Harvey did not get in the game yesterday. Had pitched on 9/2 and 9/13. Maybe being very careful with his soreness. Said that he has six or so innings he could throw before his innings limit. Roch with this tidbit from last night. I guess they could not ask Hyde about Harvey.

Hunter Harvey didn’t pitch tonight despite situations in the eighth and ninth that normally would have suited him.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/09/mancinis-four-rbi-night-wasted-in-8-5-loss.html

c4bc50e426303d5fbaa842918637f4dc6bd7537ed127e6f526c37f957a58c323.jpg?mw=600

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

So Harvey did not get in the game yesterday. Had pitched on 9/2 and 9/13. Maybe being very careful with his soreness. Said that he has six or so innings he could throw before his innings limit. Roch with this tidbit from last night. I guess they could not ask Hyde about Harvey.

Hunter Harvey didn’t pitch tonight despite situations in the eighth and ninth that normally would have suited him.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/09/mancinis-four-rbi-night-wasted-in-8-5-loss.html

c4bc50e426303d5fbaa842918637f4dc6bd7537ed127e6f526c37f957a58c323.jpg?mw=600

It's nothing!  Biceps still a little "tender".  He'll be out there when we need a closer.  ? ?

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

I have to say it... it was pretty reckless of Hyde to keep Harvey out there for 30+ pitches in an inning. His FB was good but he was laboring through the tough part of the lineup. He should’ve been pulled after Rendon. Instead he faced Soto and then Cabrera. 

Hyde is kind of an idiot for that. 

Hyde was the only guy willing to take the job and I can’t wait till he’s gone. He’s nothing more than Bo Porter 2.0. 

One, it's against board rules to call people including players and coaches idiots, so consider this your warning.

Secondly, you do know that Harvey was a starter at the beginning of the year and had 10 games with 40 or more pitches. After converting to a reliever, he had two minor league innings where he threw 33 pitches in an inning and one in an inning and a third.

Harvey is almost 25-years old. While I don't think anyone, including Hyde preferred that he stayed out there that long in one inning, I don't think Hyde was reckless or an idiot for doing so. If he's incapable of throwing a 30 pitch inning when things aren't going great, what is he then?

I think your dislike for Hyde is clouding your judgement here. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion of not liking Hyde, you are not entitled to call him an idiot while doing so here on the Hangout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1