Time to go win some road games

Frobby

Other than the starting pitching, my one worry about this team is that they've played a very home-heavy schedule and have been mediocre on the road (14-17). 50 of our remaining 87 games are on the road, and this trip we'll be playing in three ballparks that don't yield homers very easily. I think a winning road trip here would go a long way towards cementing the O's status as the best team in the AL East.

But not in the AL. It may sound odd to hear, but Cleveland has a much better rotation than the Orioles. In a PO series you typically see better pitching beats better hitting. The Orioles don't really have to face a solid rotation in the east, but that doesn't mean Boston won't trade to get better before the deadline. Will the Orioles?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we dont get no hit vs him(likely it will be the Wednesday game). Hes everything we usually don't hit well..deceptive,lefty, tremendous breaking pitches and change..and we dont get a DH either. Forget it.I'll be there to eat crow if we win..but its not happening.

Seems to be there was another left hander for that team that everybody said we couldn't beat in that same ballpark about 50 years ago. Seems like that guy's name started with K too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep...only 3 home games in the next 26 days. Definitely will be a test.

On the bright side, 12 of our next 19 games are against teams with .500 or below records, and four more are vs a team that is currently just 1 game over .500.

The next 3 and a half weeks will tell us a lot about this team. But I certainly like what we've learned so far this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well the All Star Break is in the middle of that.

But the last time we had a mere 3 home games in between two road trips was Apr 11-27. We went 7-9 (5-8 in the road games) against BOS, TEX, TOR, KC and TB. At the time, that was 2 first place teams, a 2nd place team and 2 .500 teams

This time the opponents are SD, SEA, LAD, LAA - All Star Break - TB, NYY.

Thankfully that's a much better opponent lineup: 3 last place teams, 2 .500 teams, and 1 playoff contender.

Yep...only 3 home games in the next 26 days. Definitely will be a test.

On the bright side, 12 of our next 19 games are against teams with .500 or below records, and four more are vs a team that is currently just 1 game over .500.

The next 3 and a half weeks will tell us a lot about this team. But I certainly like what we've learned so far this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This team is tailor-made for Camden Yards which isn't a bad thing. However when they play on the road against teams with big ballparks (Tampa Bay, Kansas City) or against teams that are good at preventing HRs such as Houston, they're going to struggle to score runs. Unfortunately, the next 12 road games will be against teams in pitcher's ballparks (Padres, Mariners, Dodgers, Rays). Runs will be harder to come by so the Orioles starting pitching will have to perform better if they want to have a successful road trip.

This team is tailor-made for Camden Yards which isn't a bad thing. However when they play on the road against teams with big ballparks (Tampa Bay, Kansas City) or against teams that are good at preventing HRs such as Houston, they're going to struggle to score runs. Unfortunately, the next 12 road games will be against teams in pitcher's ballparks (Padres, Mariners, Dodgers, Rays). Runs will be harder to come by so the Orioles starting pitching will have to perform better if they want to have a successful road trip.

Yes but the national league pitchers are all overrated unless you take into account pitching against pitchers. We play the nationals every year and they continue to come in with pitchers rated above ours and we continue to beat them.

The way it lines up, I think we face the Dodgers' worst starter in Game 1, Maeda in Game 2, and Kershaw in a day game on getaway day.

So, we need the Dodgers to have one game rained out so we miss Kershaw altogether. Where's Crash Davis when you need him? He could get us a rain out!

Like tonight in Pittsburgh?

What are the odds he is bad 2 out of 3 starts? I think he needs an extra day before he faces us......

I would be very happy with a 5-4 trip, 4-5 isn't terrible. We are not built for these parks. This is where the starting pitching needs to step up.

Guess he's not on his game.

His last outing against the nats, they had a chance to get to him, drove his pitch count up and he was clearly frustrated but the nats are a terrible RISP and clutch hitting team.

Don't get me wrong, kershaw is good but he is very similar to David price when he faces the tougher hitting teams. Os can definitely get to him but it will depend on how they are feeling. The Orioles who showed up for the Houston series would be dead in the water against kershaw that's for sure.

I saw Kershaw pitch against the Nationals two years ago. He's pretty much unhittable when he's on his game. You just hope you catch him on a day when he's not at his best. Nobody's perfect.

Clayton Kershaw vs. the Orioles' offense will be the irresistible force vs. the immovable object ...... King Kong vs. Godzilla ...... Ali vs. Frazier.

Archived