How many All Stars will we have?

sportsfan8703

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Buck gets Jones on the team, unless Yost took significant exception to his comments regarding the Ventura situation and spites him.

Jones isn't in the top ten in the AL in OPS among outfielders. He's not in the top 20 in WAR. Why is he even in the conversation right now?

The fact that we are likely to have multiple players from our team going does not bode well for guys that are borderline and in Jones case clearly off the bubble.

I give Tillman a better shot and Trumbo a worse shot than the consensus.

And Id be pretty shocked if Brach made it.

I think Trumbo is 4th or 5th in voting among AL outfielders, and he leads the league in home runs. It's hard to see how he doesn't get on the team.

Don't forget about injuries and "starting the Sunday before" players who are selected but require replacements.

I don't expect more than 3... but I wouldn't be shocked at 6. At this point the entire AL team should just be the combined rosters of the Orioles, Indians and Rangers anyway.

Jones isn't in the top ten in the AL in OPS among outfielders. He's not in the top 20 in WAR. Why is he even in the conversation right now?

The fact that we are likely to have multiple players from our team going does not bode well for guys that are borderline and in Jones case clearly off the bubble.

Purely because the game is in San Diego. Plus Jones has been an All-Star before, he's one of the more recognizable players so when/if he shows up no one is going to say wow you don't belong here. Baseball has a way of taking care of its own in certain situations and I think this applies.

I'm just saying that there's more to it than your stats the first 3 months of the current year.

Archived