O's don't need a 5th starter until July 19th

wildcard

That's over two weeks away. That fact plus the way he is pitching should get Wilson optioned.

There is not panic with the O's. They are 4 up in the loss column on Boston. 6 on Toronto So even though they are not pitch well they have some time for things to change.

For today 4 pm game the O's have Despaigne, Givens(for one inning), Brach and Britton available to back up Ubaldo. They are covered for today. Any move may will be for the Dodgers series.

The O's have four pitchers at Norfolk ready for a call up.

1) Wright, who just pitched last night and not available until after the Dodgers series. If he is called up it will probably not be until the Angels series at home. Coming off three good starts at AAA.

2) Richard Rodriguez is pitching well. He is the best reliever available. He pitched one inning on Friday. Should be ready to go.

3) Ariel Miranda - Is coming off 3 scoreless outings. He hasn't pitched since the 28th so he is ready to pitch. He is a lefty which is a plus. But he has not relieved in the the last 2 seasons. The O's need a reliever until the 19th.

4) Andy Oliver. Pitched 3.2 inning on July 1st which mean he is probably not available until the 5th. He is a lefty with some major league experience.

Buck said Tolliver got hurt last night.

Rodriguez, Miranda and Oliver all require 40 man roster moves. Urrutia is vulnerable. Hale is also but he is on the AAA DL. I don't know what that means as far as DFAing off the major league roster.

I think we can say there is a move coming. You can make the call who and when.

They can also move Duensing to the 60 day.

Doesn't Givens go on paternity soon?

I'd keep Wright starting in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, didn't realize that Duensing had elbow surgery and is out 4-8 weeks.

Roch www.masnsports.com

If the Orioles are going to stay in-house for rotation help, they seem inclined to skip over Mike Wright despite his 0.87 ERA in three starts with Triple-A Norfolk. Manager Buck Showalter told reporters yesterday in Seattle that Wright has been “OK,” that the results are better than the actual performance.

We’re reminded again of the huge jump between Triple-A and the majors.

Wright could come into play later, but the Orioles may as well leave him alone to continue working out the kinks and building confidence.

The problem isn't a 5th starter. The problem is finding a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th starter.

While I agree, Boston seems to be in an equally compromising position so it is still worth it to make a trade. If Boston or Toronto were clearly running away with the division I would feel differently about trading some of the limited assets that the team has.

Archived