Would the Indians be interested in Trumbo?

Dark Helmet

I'm not high on trading Trumbo. But with the reports the Orioles would consider it for a SP. The Indians are loaded and may look for some more offense. Would Trumbo for Tomlin work? Would they do it? Tomlin is signed through 2017 with an option for 2018.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not high on trading Trumbo. But with the reports the Orioles would consider it for a SP. The Indians are loaded and may look for some more offense. Would Trumbo for Tomlin work? Would they do it? Tomlin is signed through 2017 with an option for 2018.

I don't know about the Indians. DD has a job to do.

That's an interesting trade idea. Trumbo has been more valuable this year but Tomlin's contract situation is a lot better so I don't think the Indians do it straight up.

They're about the same age and are both having career years. It's also just odd to think that a division leader could trade away the league home run leader and have it make any sense.

Trumbo for Cluber. That's what I'd trade Trumbo for. Let's not trade him. We need him.

Kluber is one of the best SP in the AL and is under contract for 6 more years.

DD would be the laughing stock of baseball if he offered Trumbo for Kluber.

Kluber is one of the best SP in the AL and is under contract for 6 more years.

DD would be the laughing stock of baseball if he offered Trumbo for Kluber.

Hence my statement. Why trade Trumbo? It's a ridiculous and bad idea

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Hence my statement. Why trade Trumbo? It's a ridiculous and bad idea

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

I don't want to trade Trumbo. But to keep trotting out guys like Wilson/Wright/Jimenez is rediculous and a bad idea also. You either have to trade from the major league club or deplete the farm more. If we can get a #3 or 4 SP without doing that, then great. If not, I'd rather trade a guy who won't be here next year anyhow.

I don't want to trade Trumbo. But to keep trotting out guys like Wilson/Wright/Jimenez is rediculous and a bad idea also. You either have to trade from the major league club or deplete the farm more. If we can get a #3 or 4 SP without doing that, then great. If not, I'd rather trade a guy who won't be here next year anyhow.

And trade his draft pick to restock that farm system. Right?

When you trade Trumbo, he may no longer be offered a QO. To the Orioles he has maximum value as a good bat and a nice draft pick. No one else is giving up a healthy pitcher for him. No one.

And by that, I mean the team that trades for him just gets a rental.

When you trade Trumbo, he may no longer be offered a QO. To the Orioles he has maximum value as a good bat and a nice draft pick. No one else is giving up a healthy pitcher for him. No one.

You know - this is a very good point. With the year he's having, giving him a QO next year is an excellent idea. If he accepts like Wieters did and performs at or near the same level, then it will be money well spent. If he walks, we get a draft pick. The O's are happy either way.

Archived