2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid on Lucroy's part. He's going to a playoff bound team, and he says no to stay in Milwaukee.

Yeah it's weird. Cleveland was one of the 8 teams he could reject but you really put Milwaukee in a bind. They lose out on some good prospects and probably won't be able to get the same value somewhere else.

Yeah it's weird. Cleveland was one of the 8 teams he could reject but you really put Milwaukee in a bind. They lose out on some good prospects and probably won't be able to get the same value somewhere else.

It is not as if Lucroy owes the Brewers anything.

I admit I find his decision puzzling but it is within his rights to do it.

Oh I agree. He doesn't owe them anything and he negotiated this right. But it is still selfish. Especially when you beg to be traded.

He only has 8 teams on his no trade list. You would think Brewers would have focused on trading him. To a team not on list. He bargained for the 8 team list for a reason.

He only has 8 teams on his no trade list. You would think Brewers would have focused on trading him. To a team not on list. He bargained for the 8 team list for a reason.

That's easier said then done, especially when it seems only a handful of teams are looking to upgrade at catcher.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jonathan Lucroy has exercised his no-trade clause and vetoed trade from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash">#Brewers</a> to Indians. Details to come.</p>? Tom (@Haudricourt) <a href="
">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting.

Deal isn't dead and they are negotiating on him waiving the Ntc.

Maybe he demanded the Indians refuse it and they wouldn't?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Jonathan Lucroy wanted Indians to rip up 2017 club option to get him to waive no-trade clause. Understandably, Cleveland said no.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's understandable, too, that Jonathan Lucroy asked for 2017 club option to go away. No-trade clause is cudgel. Should be wielded as such.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

Bingo.

Oh I agree. He doesn't owe them anything and he negotiated this right. But it is still selfish. Especially when you beg to be traded.

How is it selfish? He's been playing for them for about $2m per year for the last 5 years and they pissed that saved and money down the drain.

Archived