vs. D-RAYS, 7/15

OFFNY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• And I see Cowser is in CF today. Can’t wait for him to not get to a ball Ced would have and have everyone beside themselves in the game thread about it. 
    • Elias has spoken about the Holliday family emphasis on hard work.  The father and the sons.  
    • And I’m pretty sure those 9th in the lineup have all been recently. That is how you react to a veteran player struggling for a bit. NOT benching him when you have no one ready to take his spot anyway. 
    • We have one of the best lineups in baseball with Mullins and Mateo. Our top 5 has the highest cumulative OPS of any lineup in baseball, other than the Dodgers. We are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. That’s hardly just ‘surviving’ with Mullins and Mateo.   Who are you proposing is a better ALL AROUND option than Mullins?  This idea that we need a .750+ OPS (or whatever number you want to settle on) at every spot 1-9 is overblown and stupid. Mullins has a track record as a productive offensive player and his defense is unquestionably good. No team in the league is benching a player like that because he looks bad for a few weeks at the plate. NO TEAM. Especially when there are ZERO attractive options to replace him. You move him down in the lineup, which has been done, and you wait it out.    If you had Bradfield tearing it up in AAA, this MIGHT be a different conversation. But he’s not there, and neither is anyone else.    We have people clamoring for Hays to get back now after all the whining about his hitting. The lack of patience amongst the otherwise highly educated and knowledgeable fan base here is astounding. 
    • The worry is injuries: GRod, Bradish, Means, Kimbrel(-ish) Wells, etc. how do we anticipate and prevent injuries is the new goal. I have no stats on the subject, and I’m not sure there are any, but I’m not sure we’re doing that well.
    • Kjerstad can make or break his case for more playing time today.  Big test defensively.  If he and Cowser look good it certainly opens up this alignment for the near future and even longer term.  Fingers crossed. Note to both players.  Just hit the cutoff man and throw to 2B to hold the runner at 1B instead of attempting the impossible play at home plate.
    • Elias was more impressed with Hollidays work ethic?    That’s your opinion.  Is it based on anything?
  • Popular Contributors