Good morning! Enjoy your Wednesday...

Moose Milligan

Watching the Yanks this year, I think Girardi is very over-rated. Sure he has some injuries and shotty starting pitching, but that bullpen is lights out. He only has to manage a 6 inning game and he is not even 500?

There offense has been dreadful at times this season. The bullpen is only good when you have a lead most teams have a group for when they are winning and a group when loosing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a bold statement...

BOS

TOR

CLE

TEX

HOU

KC

I think they are somewhere around the 5th/6th best team in the AL and fading fast with our horrendous SP.

We are for sure better then the Royals they don't have much and then you list the Rangers who look like a collapse in the making people upset about a three game loosing streak and think the Rangers are not in a tailspin are missing something. They got very little pitching right now and a ton of injuries in the rotation and that is coming out.

I actually expected the Sox to take over the lead coming out of the break and not because of how we played but they have a very nice early start to their schedule. If we can stay a game or so back I like our chances. You say we have lots more road games but so do the Sox. If we can stay close this next week or so they will be on the road most of the rest of the season. They will only have 22 home games left after this home stint and 41 road games.

That's remarkable, and certainly a reason for some positivity. Hopefully we can get our bats going here shortly; getting Davis, Wieters, and Kim back in relatively short order would help.

...cause it'll be the last day we're in first place.

Boston and Toronto are catching on while our lack of pitching and streaky hitting is catching up with us. Add to that the fact that we're pathetic on the road and there's a lot of more road games to be played, this is all adding up to a giant turd burger of a 2nd half.

Save for some miracle deal that'll land us a top flight starting pitcher, this thing is going down the tubes.

It's been a fun ride so far. Maybe we can get a Wild Card spot and surprise some unsuspecting team in the first round but I don't see how this team, as constructed, is finishing in first when Toronto and Boston have better teams.

What, are Kim, Davis, and Wieters out for the rest of the season?!

One third of the starting line up is out. Winters, Davis and Kim will all be back and the team will be averaging 5 runs a game again.

Wilson pitched 166 inning is 2014. He has thrown 82 so far this year. I don't think the tired arm will last long. Before his last two starts he had a 4.19 ERA in 11 starts and 14 appearances. That is more than enough to win with this offense.

Let's hope the team has more mental fortitude than some in this thread.

It's a long season and we are right in the mix. I like our chances of making the playoffs and then it's a crapshoot.

It's going to come down to pitching, as it always does. The offense is slumping hard now but they'll break out. Red Sox just lost Koji to a pectoral injury of some kind so their BP is getting thin and Ziegler is now their closer. Toronto has an offense that will slump much like ours but better starting pitcher, not a great BP though.

It's going to be wild ride down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually expected the Sox to take over the lead coming out of the break and not because of how we played but they have a very nice early start to their schedule. If we can stay a game or so back I like our chances. You say we have lots more road games but so do the Sox. If we can stay close this next week or so they will be on the road most of the rest of the season. They will only have 22 home games left after this home stint and 41 road games.

This is just wrong. Currently the O's have played 2 more home games that road games. After the last two in the Yankee series the O's schedule will be even with 47 at home and 47 away. They follow that with a 6 game home stand. After the home stand they will have 28 home game left and 34 away game.

Machado and Jones in a slump, Davis ill, and Trumbo slowing, not to mention Kim going to the DL has lead to a real offensive lull. It's not about the SP right now, it's as volatile as its been all season. The team needs to find some people who can get hot right now. Maybe that is bourbon? If it were me I would be trying to bolster with a top prospect promotion or a well timed trade to try and artificially boost the team out of the slump.

[/b]

This is just wrong. Currently the O's have played 2 more home games that road games. After the last two in the Yankee series the O's schedule will be even with 47 at home and 47 away. They follow that with a 6 game home stand. After the home stand they will have 28 home game left and 34 away game.

He's talking about Boston.

[/b]

That is what the Red Sox have left after this home stint.

I tend to be an optimist and I think they'll be in the mix till the last week. But there's no denying they are a streaky team. One that can even put together (to date) three 7 game winning streaks. But as constructed, can they win three postseason series in a row against either three strong teams or even two streaky teams and one hot team? I have my doubts right now as they are currently put together. I will follow them day by day as I always do, but they don't just have one day of bats being cold, it's usually three to four games at a time. They can't afford a cold streak at the end, but it's their nature, feast or famine.

Archived