My Solution To Our Pitching Woes

brianod

Chen had a great career with us, left for free agency and made a ton of money. All the time, speaking English with an interpreter by his side. Obviously, the less you speak the language, the less our systems pitching coaches and philosophy can hurt you. So, I propose we keep the same staff but only employ pitchers that can't understand them. It's a proven formula! I know I"ll get slammed for this, but sometimes you have to think outside the box...

Chen had a great career with us, left for free agency and made a ton of money. All the time, speaking English with an interpreter by his side. Obviously, the less you speak the language, the less our systems pitching coaches and philosophy can hurt you. So, I propose we keep the same staff but only employ pitchers that can't understand them. It's a proven formula! I know I"ll get slammed for this, but sometimes you have to think outside the box...

Thats a little too far outside the box. Which is what the Orioles are already known for. They just need to copy an organization that knows what they are doing.

Thats a little too far outside the box. Which is what the Orioles are already known for. They just need to copy an organization that knows what they are doing.

I disagree! There are more non-english speaking countries in the world then English speaking countries. I think I'm on to something.

Wouldn't it be simpler to hire pitching coaches who speak only obscure languages? :D

Just so they don't get four years in prison for doing so.

Can we contract the Cubs to show the Orioles what they're doing wrong?

That's a difficult question. Since this is my experiment, I would allow the contact but only if the guy on the other end doesn't speak English.

Must spread rep (again!). Brilliant.

Archived