Joey Rickard on DL, Dariel Alvarez joining the O's

xian4

Christian Walker seems like the best option. Platoon him with Kim.

I am sitting in Norfolk right now watching Christian Walker. He is not an outfielder - he looks a hot mess out there. I'm not sure he's a batter either.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sitting in Norfolk right now watching Christian Walker. He is not an outfielder - he looks a hot mess out there. I'm not sure he's a batter either.

Well if he's that bad in the field you might as well call Mancini up, although it would be a shame for him to only get a chance to play as a DH against left handers. They probably just stick with Alvarez, the true outfielder.

Joey Rickard is about to pass Jay Gibbons for most plate appearances as an Orioles Rule 5 pick in his rookie season. Gibbons had 246 plate appearances in 2001, Rickard has 237 so far this season.

The Orioles Rule 5 pick with the most plate appearances in his Rule 5 season with the club was Bob Boyd who was drafted in the 1955 Rule 5 draft (for the 1956 season) and accrued 262 plate appearances as a 36 year-old first baseman and outfielder.

Rickard has 282 plate appearances with the O's this year. Even if he does not return this season, he will have the most plate appearances of any Orioles Rule 5 pick in his Rule 5 season.

Lol. That's rough. I watch a good amount of Norfolk games and he definitely needs more time in the OF but the batting comment seems brutal and not completely accurate.

Thank you for the update. His Dad died suddenly a few weeks again. I know it's been tough for him.

Archived