TT: The Orioles are going to the World Series

Tony-OH

I agree this team has a better offense in 2014 (though slumping at the moment). I'd be hard-pressed to choose between the two bullpens. I'd certainly say the rotation was substantially better in 2014. Defensively, the 2014 team was better despite Manny's absence in the 2nd half.

I think this team is still evolving, and of course we'll have to see who's healthy at the end of the year. That 2014 team didn't have Manny, Wieters or Davis (suspension) for the playoffs. If the starting pitching stabilizes a bit now and we stay healthy, I might agree that this team is better equipped for a playoff run. But a lot can happen between now and then.

The bullpens are certainly pretty close, but I'd give the edge to the 2016. Let's take a look:

2016 Britton (32 for 32 svs, 0.62 ERA) > 2014 Britton (37 of 41, 1.65, 10.2 K/9)

2016 Brach (1.17, 0.87 WHIP) > 2014 O'day (1.70, 0.99 WHIP, 9.6 K/9)

2014 Miller (2.02, 14.9K/9) > 2016 O'day (3.00, 12k/9 though O'day has only been scored upon in 3 outings all year)

I'd take the rest of 2016 Givens, Roe, Despaigne over 2014 Hunter, Matusz and Webb though they are close.

It is pretty close overall, but if the Orioles can get that left-handed reliever who can dominate lefties I think their bullpen is definitely a bit a stronger than the 2014 version.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would obviously be a dream come true if the Orioles went to the world series. However' date=' could they beat a team like the Cubs

I would hate to see them go to the world series and lose. Would Orioles fans still be happy just for the fact that they made it to the world series?[/quote']

I would. Going to the WS and even if they lose is a lot better than not going at all.

MASN Series.

There is probably an Easter egg in the MASN contract that gives it (not Fox) the exclusive right to broadcast any O's vs. Nat's World Series games within the combined territory of the two teams and South Korea. The revenue split will be determined by the WTO Dispute Settlement Body and held in escrow by the Export-Import bank until 2030.

There is probably an Easter egg in the MASN contract that gives it (not Fox) the exclusive right to broadcast any O's vs. Nat's World Series games within the combined territory of the two teams and South Korea. The revenue split will be determined by the WTO Dispute Settlement Body and held in escrow by the Export-Import bank until 2030.

Our friends to the south have a major stumbling block in October. The backend of their pen is not mightier. If they trade for a highend closer Papelbon will cry and kill the clubhouse. If they don't make a trade they have Papelbon closing and that will not cut it in October.

Archived