Was at the Game Yesterday - it Sure Was Hot!

Old#5fan

My daughter and son-in-law took me to the game yesterday and we had a great time - but man was it hot! We sat in section 60 row 1 seats 7-9 right against the wall down the fouline and I believe you could have fried and egg on the top of it! There was an empty seat between me and the nice old gent on the opposite seat and it burned your hand just to touch it! I think that is what contributed to the mental blunder by Davis and Manny causing his pickoff at first. It really had an impact and we sat out in it and the players weren't in the dugouts much between innings. But overall well worth it as we all got Palmers 22 replica 66 jersey, my daughter got her picture with Boog ( where we ate) and we saw great game by Worely and O'Day return and fan the side and topped off by Reimold' ph walk off home run! What a memorable day in so many ways !

Sounds like there were a lot of Hangouters at the game yesterday. I have to admit, we left after the 6th inning and finished the game from a blackjack table at Maryland Live. It was much more comfortable there, we got to see the O's win, and I won $700 in about 90 minutes. All-in-all, a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a brave man. I went Saturday night and that was warm enough for me! Those jersey did look sweet though.

Thanks! Brave is better than some other terms. Lol. The Pakmer jersey attracted a lot of early fans so it also was far more crowded early on. There were people coming just to get the jersey! A guy in line when I was said after he got his was heading to Bowie for a game!

My daughter and son-in-law took me to the game yesterday and we had a great time - but man was it hot! We sat in section 60 row 1 seats 7-9 right against the wall down the fouline and I believe you could have fried and egg on the top of it! There was an empty seat between me and the nice old gent on the opposite seat and it burned your hand just to touch it! I think that is what contributed to the mental blunder by Davis and Manny causing his pickoff at first. It really had an impact and we sat out in it and the players weren't in the dugouts much between innings. But overall well worth it as we all got Palmers 22 replica 66 jersey, my daughter got her picture with Boog ( where we ate) and we saw great game by Worely and O'Day return and fan the side and topped off by Reimold' ph walk off home run! What a memorable day in so many ways !

Great recap. Thank you.

Bahama O said:

If I'm coming to an evening game, what sections should I sit in to avoid the late afternoon sun ???

weams said:

The visitor's side.

o

The reason why Memorial Stadium had the home dugout on the 3rd base side of the stadium was because Paul Richards did not want to sit in the sun for all of the day games.

They switched sides in between the 1954 and 1955 seasons (when Richards took over for Jimmy Dykes), and it stayed that way until the Orioles opened their new stadium in 1992.

o

We were in that same section Friday, but five rows back. Great view. When we got our tix a few months back for the Sunday day game, I was thinking maybe the shade would be nice. So we got ours in Sec. 43, last row under the overhang. The line for the Palmer jerseys didn't take as long as expected so we still had plenty of ice, water and Gatorade we had brought in. Some pics from Sunday here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffhoo/

088a22a73ff3ed064f17fef0cb99b9c4.png

We were in that same section Friday, but five rows back. Great view. When we got our tix a few months back for the Sunday day game, I was thinking maybe the shade would be nice. So we got ours in Sec. 43, last row under the overhang. The line for the Palmer jerseys didn't take as long as expected so we still had plenty of ice, water and Gatorade we had brought in. Some pics from Sunday here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffhoo/

088a22a73ff3ed064f17fef0cb99b9c4.png

Great pics. Those are some great pics of the pitchers.

Great pics. Those are some great pics of the pitchers.

Thank you! I love shooting day games. At night, it's a constant battle to get enough light into the camera depending on where I'm focusing. Here's a particulary favorite game. The 18-2 pounding last August the O's administered on the A's.

https://flickr.com/photos/88659550@N00/sets/72157657372204076

1ca00a73ddbfcf8257df7213c7a1fca8.png

Thank you! I love shooting day games. At night, it's a constant battle to get enough light into the camera depending on where I'm focusing. Here's a particulary favorite game. The 18-2 pounding last August the O's administered on the A's.

https://flickr.com/photos/88659550@N00/sets/72157657372204076

1ca00a73ddbfcf8257df7213c7a1fca8.png

Buck with the bat in the dugout is a shot you dont see often.

It was definitely hot, but honestly I was at the Manny gnome game two weeks ago against LAA and it wasn't much different to me. Actually, I think the LAA game was worse. At the very least there was a little breeze going at various points of the game, that helped.

It was definitely hot, but honestly I was at the Manny gnome game two weeks ago against LAA and it wasn't much different to me. Actually, I think the LAA game was worse. At the very least there was a little breeze going at various points of the game, that helped.

Saturday during the day was awful. My wife nearly fainted while we were walking at Fell's Point. We ducked into the Green Turtle for some shade, water and ice. By game time, the approaching rain clouds cooled it down about five degrees, but with the little breezes prior to it, we were fine. We were in the right center bleachers. When the light rain fell eventually, it felt amazing. We didn't scatter like a lot of people. It was welcomed.

Archived