Has Joey Rickard played enough games to lose his rule five status?

Diehard_O's_Fan

He's played the role of someone you can pick up on the waiver wire in March.

He's a role player and a below average major league player.

He's useful enough to have around as long as he isn't making a lot of money.

But he isn't good enough to say with confidence that the Orioles have done "really well" with their rule V acquisitions.

I agree, he is a role player.

When playing everyday, he plays excellent defense and is decent with the bat, that is not below average major leaguer, IMO

I agree, at the right price, he is useful.

He wasn't a bust, and if you add his value to the rest of the rule V, that they have acquired, they have done well.

He's played the role of someone you can pick up on the waiver wire in March.

He's a role player and a below average major league player.

He's useful enough to have around as long as he isn't making a lot of money.

But he isn't good enough to say with confidence that the Orioles have done "really well" with their rule V acquisitions.

Yea, I agree. If Ryan Flaherty is the best we've done with the Rule V in the last 15 years then I think it's safe to call the whole venture a failure.

I think we did hit on Rickard, but all these other guys are or were easily replaceable.

Yea, I agree. If Ryan Flaherty is the best we've done with the Rule V in the last 15 years then I think it's safe to call the whole venture a failure.

I think we did hit on Rickard, but all these other guys are or were easily replaceable.

Some it hinges on Garcia, and he is a useful member of the pitching staff in 2017.

Some it hinges on Garcia, and he is a useful member of the pitching staff in 2017.

You mean the Jason Garcia that is still struggling in Double A? I wouldn't count on him for 2017. He's still walking way too many batters.

2018 maybe. And as a middle reliever.

You mean the Jason Garcia that is still struggling in Double A? I wouldn't count on him for 2017. He's still walking way too many batters.

2018 maybe. And as a middle reliever.

He has been up and down, he was pretty good in June, running off 3 victories, and got pounded his last start.

He has very good stuff, just needs to work on his mental aspects. IMO

Archived