Cashner may not Start Tonight.

weams

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@jonmorosi 3m3 minutes ago

#Padres making progress on trade involving Andrew Cashner, sources say. He may be dealt before start tonight in Toronto.

He may not have to travel far to get to his new team. Might have to walk to the other side of the field.

I hope so... hoping it's not us that is involved in the trade.

If we get Cashner the price won't be that high. Not the ideal guy but I'd be for a Cashner move pending on what we ultimately move. Doesn't mean we can't make a move for a guy like Hellickson or someone like that.

Provided the cost is very low, I wouldn't mind getting Cashner. I know his numbers aren't very good, but he's pitched rather well (at least kept the team in the game) in all but one start since May. The one exception was a clunker and I'm also not counting the June 10 game that he threw five pitches before he left.

Granted, he's not the answer this team needs. They need someone to go behind Tillman, but he does lenghten out the rotation. He allows us to avoid Jimenez and put Worely back in the pen and as a swing man that'll also allow us to rest Bundy. My main goal would be to see how I can continue to sit atop the AL East while also saving Bundy's innings so he's available, fresh--but not rusty--for the playoffs and go with a playoff rotation of Tillman, Gausman, Bundy and Gallardo assuming the O's make it into a series and assuming they don't have enough to land a truly game changing starter.

I wouldn't be shocked if we gave Ubaldo, cash (a lot), Stewart and another prospect for Cashner.

I think the O's might be in DFA mode with Ubaldo, so they're basically trying to use him to offset salary in a deal.

To me this is obvious. Cashner has momentum in his last two starts. Why the heck would you let him face the BJ's lineup in that ballpark? SD's GM isn't fooling anyone. Even if he doesn't have a trade lined up, you still do this all day.

Hopefully TOR trades for him and then SD rocks him tomorrow.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O's won't announce move for Ubaldo's reinstatement until after BP. Trying to figure out whether club needs 13 pitchers.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="
">July 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ubaldo is here to stay for the time being.

So would we DFA Borbon instead of just optioning Wilson to AAA? Why would we need 13 pitchers tonight? Tillman is pitching.

He better not have the flu. I already have a funny feeling about this game since we opened as -230 favorites and are only -180 right now.

So would we DFA Borbon instead of just optioning Wilson to AAA? Why would we need 13 pitchers tonight? Tillman is pitching.

He better not have the flu. I already have a funny feeling about this game since we opened as -230 favorites and are only -180 right now.

They are probably going to use a spot starter on Thursday. Either Jimenez or Wilson. So you want to have a 13th pitcher for Thursday potentially. So if they went to 13, it would just be for a couple days, is my guess.

They are probably going to use a spot starter on Thursday. Either Jimenez or Wilson. So you want to have a 13th pitcher for Thursday potentially. So if they went to 13, it would just be for a couple days, is my guess.

We're over thinking the BJ's series. We shouldn't cost ourselves Borbon and possibly a game vs the twins, just to save Gausman for Toronto. One game at a time.

Archived