Bwahahaha!

Frobby

Comparing Bundy to Gausman is interesting. I think Gausman has better pure stuff. However his command is less consistent and it appears he doesn't know how to use his tools like Bundy does.

I agree the radar gun does not tell us everything. Darvish last night was blowing 92 by guys last night just like Bundy. Gausman at 96 doesn't get the same result. Release point? Sequencing? I don't know. His wind up looks deceiving but maybe it's not. He is tall but maybe his extension towards the plate isn't great.

I sure hope he can figure it out because the stuff is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gausman issue has been the same issue he's had since he was drafted. He has no consistently effective breaking pitch.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BJ Ryan would hit just low 90's on his fastballs that looked like exploding bombs coming in at 100.

Maybe the good thing about Bundy's injuries is that it's caused him to be economical with his pitches. Maybe all of the rest of the staff can learn from what he's doing in that regard.

Pennington was OPACY era. I was at a game once against the Mariners (think it was 94 or s). O's were up 6-3 and he came in with the bases loaded. Threw a wild pitch and then gave up a home run to Griffey that hit the warehouse on a bounce. I don't think I've ever heard an Oriole booed so badly at home. If I wasn't so angry about how bad he was, I may have felt sorry for him. That guy threw upper 90's but no deception.

His stuff is electric, that Rangers team CAN HIT he had a couple of them doing the holy crap what was that look after being punched out. :D

The ball comes out of his hand and just explodes on the hitters he's a real pleasure to watch when he's got all three pitches working. :thumbsup1:

Pennington was OPACY era. I was at a game once against the Mariners (think it was 94 or s). O's were up 6-3 and he came in with the bases loaded. Threw a wild pitch and then gave up a home run to Griffey that hit the warehouse on a bounce. I don't think I've ever heard an Oriole booed so badly at home. If I wasn't so angry about how bad he was, I may have felt sorry for him. That guy threw upper 90's but no deception.

That was April 24, 1994 and his last game as an Oriole.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL199404240.shtml

The letters "DFA" were also mentioned if I recall correctly...

I have a hard time believing that, who in their right mind would DFA Bundy? You could have easily traded him for a veteran pitcher, with an expiring contract.

edit: I'm not questioning you rather someone said it or not, just mean I have a hard time comprehending someone wanting to do that

The one thing the radar gun can't tell us, how much vertical or horizontal movement is on the fastball.

If it's flat with not much movement, professional hitters are going to be able to turn on it.

Pitch f/x data has this data. It's charted at brooks baseball.

Gausman issue has been the same issue he's had since he was drafted. He has no consistently effective breaking pitch.

What baffles me is that his split/change and curve look good enough. The raw stuff is there. Consistency is lacking. Does Gausman just lack the focus and/or work ethic to perfect the pitches?

Archived