Why I Find It Painful to Watch the O's Lately

brianod

Weams should find a way to put Yankees logos in some avatars.

I don't have huge confidence in Gausman but anyone who didn't watch this game because somethings could go wrong missed out. And they deserved to miss it,

Also I always liked Hairston and Mora. And Richard to a lesser extent. Those other names I recall too, like it was yesterday. Bet some of the goons posting here think Kohlmeier started the department store or something.

Dude was Jorge Julio before Jorge Julio was Jorge Julio. Minus the same velocity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weams should find a way to put Yankees logos in some avatars.

I don't have huge confidence in Gausman but anyone who didn't watch this game because somethings could go wrong missed out. And they deserved to miss it,

Also I always liked Hairston and Mora. And Richard to a lesser extent. Those other names I recall too, like it was yesterday. Bet some of the goons posting here think Kohlmeier started the department store or something.

Dude was Jorge Julio before Jorge Julio was Jorge Julio. Minus the same velocity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun group to watch...63-98-1.

The whole basis of this thread is loser talk. What a bunch of spoiled little children.

I've watched this team suck for most of my entire life. Flat out suck ass. 0-21 as a little kid. The Syd Thrift era of 1999-2003. And all the mediocrity, at best, in between. All of you giving up hope now or unable to enjoy this can just turn in your O's hats for a Yankee hat for all I care. Because that's where you fit in and belong.

The last few years these teams have played some of the most exciting ball I can recall. And since 2012 they have the best record in baseball. Hardly a bunch of losers. This year's team might be flawed and it's hard to call them the AL favorite. But the same Cleveland team that everyone is talking about got their asses handed to them by the Orioles just a few weeks ago. Texas too. If you're looking to raise the white flag after a couple of weeks that weren't great then you can piss off. I'll be watching every damn night and cheering my butt off because it's a damn good team to watch, and one definitely worth watching.

My thoughts exactly. I posted something in the boston game thread similar to this. These are the good old days for me, as the O's have sucked all my life, now they don't and I intend to relish in it.

I was there for the -1.

I probably had my 13 game plan. The good old days when the rep would call monthly and you got a gift of tshirts or other gifts. Not just empty rows but almost whole sections to stretch out on weekday games. When vendors like Howard would sit down and talk to you about baseball.

It happens sometimes. Orioles come in and out of our lives, like busboys in a restaurant.

I never had any Oriole memories later on like the ones I had when I was in my twenties. Jesus, does anyone?

But always the Orioles should Stand by Me.

Where have you gone Brandon Fahey?

Orioles nation have swept you by and your memory fades.

I probably had my 13 game plan. The good old days when the rep would call monthly and you got a gift of tshirts or other gifts. Not just empty rows but almost whole sections to stretch out on weekday games. When vendors like Howard would sit down and talk to you about baseball.

It happens sometimes. Orioles come in and out of our lives, like busboys in a restaurant.

I never had any Oriole memories later on like the ones I had when I was in my twenties. Jesus, does anyone?

But always the Orioles should Stand by Me.

Where have you gone, Brandon Fahey? Orioles nation have swept you by and your memory fades.

Brandon Fey has left and gone away ........ hey, hey hey ........

Over the last twenty games, the Orioles have been shut out 139 out of 180 innings.

By contrast, the lowest scoring team in the majors, the Atlanta Braves have been shut out in 126 out of 180 innings. Add to that, they play in the national league with no dh in a park that doesn't promote scoring like OPCY.

Our offensive innings often last about 5 minutes and when you watch our games, it seems line 2/3s of it is with the other team up, where nothing good can happen. Not fun.

This has been an extremely frustrating stretch and I tried to put some statistics behind why I'm finding it hard to watch. Anyway, I'm hoping things turn around but not expecting it to.

If I was GM I would look at the totality of the season, see how many innings where we didn't score and try to sign some players that can help us eke out a run or two when we aren't hitting homeruns.

You know what is really painful to watch, 14 straight years of truly horrible baseball.

Where are the mutinous rats this morning? Oh, I guess it's hard to type when egg dripping off your face seeps into the keys on the keyboard or messes with the iphone screen. Must be messy.

What happened last night? I thought the team looked dead and didn't show passion or even care. That they could no longer hit. That they were trending downward in a death-spiral from which it was impossible to reverse. Where are all these experts this morning? Are those crickets I hear in the background? They never seemed so loud. They had more hits and runs than any team last night. How is that possible? 18 hits and 13 runs.

Some of you guys casting yourselves off as experts need to dial it back a bit with your ever-certain talk of doom and gloom and omniscient predictions. You don't know anything! That's why they play the game.

Go crawl back into your holes, you rats.

Mutinous rats... Spoiled little children... Goons... The name-calling on this thread is really over the top. Since I'm concerned about the team's performance since the All-Star Break, I suppose I fit into one of these tidy categories, too. That's fine.

But JohnD took it too far when he used the worst slur of all: Yankee fans. That I can never forget, my friend. :)

Where are the mutinous rats this morning? Oh, I guess it's hard to type when egg dripping off your face seeps into the keys on the keyboard or messes with the iphone screen. Must be messy.

What happened last night? I thought the team looked dead and didn't show passion or even care. That they could no longer hit. That they were trending downward in a death-spiral from which it was impossible to reverse. Where are all these experts this morning? Are those crickets I hear in the background? They never seemed so loud. They had more hits and runs than any team last night. How is that possible? 18 hits and 13 runs.

Some of you guys casting yourselves off as experts need to dial it back a bit with your ever-certain talk of doom and gloom and omniscient predictions. You don't know anything! That's why they play the game.

Go crawl back into your holes, you rats.

Dude - it was one blowout win. Calm down.

Mutinous rats... Spoiled little children... Goons... The name-calling on this thread is really over the top. Since I'm concerned about the team's performance since the All-Star Break, I suppose I fit into one of these tidy categories, too. That's fine.

But JohnD took it too far when he used the worst slur of all: Yankee fans. That I can never forget, my friend. :)

To the ones who sleep on mattresses on the floor, clutching baseball bats,

[video=youtube;omWmPEUOzDc]

LOL, I agree. Children are often the harshest critics of parents. I hear a litany of "I've been watching this team for 15 years and this is great". Well, I was at the 71 world series game with my Dad, and this isn't great. What is great is a dominant team playing up to its expectations or a flawed team over performing. One more time for the slow ones, I was pointing out why this team was hard to watch over the last twenty games. Can anyone dispute that? I want to win and I appreciate what we have. That doesn't mean there is a mandate that I enjoy watching what has happened since the allstar break, including the RedSox fans taking over OPCY once again. Because I point out a twenty game stretch that is tough to watch and state why does not make me less of an O's fan than those berating me. I've been a season ticket holder since the 80's. All those who think I'm less of a fan because I posted this should add up what they pay and add up the time they spend at the ballpark before denigrating this post.

Archived