The Orioles are done

LookitsPuck

The season is not over. They could be back in first place next week - wouldn't surprise me at all the way this season has gone. And they're still in good position for a WC failing that. They're a resilient bunch.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has been streaky all season. I'm not pleased with recent results, but I don't rule out anything at this point in the season. A modest 4-5 game winning streak would go a long way towards righting the ship. If Gausman can pitch to his ability more often than not, if Tillman can get healthy and Bundy can continue to contribute, this team can make the playoffs. Miley and Gallardo just have to figure out a way to get five innings worth of outs before giving up 5 runs. I'd be happy with that. I just don't think this team is entirely done.

This team should not be done if we look at the stats.

The O's are 8-11 in August but there are some guys doing really well.

In August:

Bundy 3.13 ERA

Gallardo 3.38 ERA

Gausman 3.80 ERA

Tillman's ERA stinks but that is because of one outing. In his other two starts he went 13 IP, 5 runs 3.46 ERA if his arm is ok, which he say it is, he should be fine going forward.

Miley stinks and if he does poorly in a couple of more starts I think we will see Worley or Gunkel replace him.

Pen in August

Britton 0.00 ERA

Givens 0.00 ERA

Hart 0.00 ERA

Bridwell 4.50 ERA

Worley and Brach have ERA's over 5.00 but they are really good on the year and should rebound.

One the year Brach 1.59 ERA, Worley 3.20 ERA.

Jimenez stinks and will hardly pitch in September is my guess.

I want to see Richard Rodriguez promoted after Sept 1st.

Hitters in August

P Alvarez 1.220 OPS

Manny .925 OPS

Davis 898 OPS

Jones 809 OPS

Kim 793 OPS with a 367 OBP

Hardy 788 OPS

Pearce 762 OPS but 892 on the year.

Trumbo OPS is only 710 but he has been productive with 7 HR and 15 RBI in 66 at bats.

Schoop has a 703 OPS in August but he 792 on the year.

Wieters isn't hitting well.

So as I look at the stats, the team should recover and win a lot of games the last 6 weeks

I think we'll know by 8/31 whether we're done or not.

In 1982 they were 7 games out on August 27th and then they just had to win their last game to win the division. They didn't but they weren't done until the last out of the season. They are currently in the last wild care position. Even if they lose every game in the next week they would not be done.

In 1982 they were 7 games out on August 27th and then they just had to win their last game to win the division. They didn't but they weren't done until the last out of the season. They are currently in the last wild care position. Even if they lose every game in the next week they would not be done.

For me there is a difference between "done" (in my opinion as to whether they are actually winning the division or wild card) and "mathematically eliminated". For some, there is no such distinction, which is OK too.

This isn't 1982 and at least I'm giving them another 10 days unlike most in this thread.

Make that 11-23.

The Giants are 11-23 since the All-Star break.

My bad.

And their last game, disheartening defeat at the hands of the O's' Jon Schoop and ZBritt kept them that way! Black and Orange Black and Orange! :clap3:

If this team has another 2 weeks like the last two, they may mathematically be in it but for all intensive purposes in my opinion it's over.

If they can somehow manage to at least level the ship and show a spark of life, there's no reason to think they won't be competing for at least a wild-card until the last week or so of the season

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If this team has another 2 weeks like the last two, they may mathematically be in it but for all intensive purposes in my opinion it's over.

If they can somehow manage to at least level the ship and show a spark of life, there's no reason to think they won't be competing for at least a wild-card until the last week or so of the season

Washington 2

@ Washington 2

@ NYY 3

Toronto 3

NYY 4

These 14 games are the ones that will either upset the Apple-cart or propel the Orioles to the top of the division. So I agree the next two weeks are the season.

Washington 2

@ Washington 2

@ NYY 3

Toronto 3

NYY 4

These 14 games are the ones that will either upset the Apple-cart or propel the Orioles to the top of the division. So I agree the next two weeks are the season.

I don't even think they have to kill it over those 14 games. But if they go 5-9 or 4-10 the the division is likely slipped away and there is less reason to believe that they can hold on to the WC.

I don't even think they have to kill it over those 14 games. But if they go 5-9 or 4-10 the the division is likely slipped away and there is less reason to believe that they can hold on to the WC.

Toronto has 12 Games over the same stretch their aopponents are:

LAA - 3

Min - 3

@ Bal -3

@ TBR -3

Boston will play 13 Games over that stretch and are as follows:

@ TBR 4

KCR - 3

TBR 3

@ OAK - 3

If the Orioles play .500 ball the rest of the way odds are they are a wild card team. Last year 86 wins got you into the wild card game. That is 10 games I've .500. The Orioles are currently 12 games over .500. I don't understand the doom and gloom.

Archived