The Orioles are done

LookitsPuck

I'll feel a lot less doomy and gloomy if Tillman can pitch the way Bundy did tonight in his next start. You know what you'll get from Gausman and Gallardo, and you know that your fifth starter will be awful. You need Bundy and Tillman to pitch like top of the rotation guys to stay in the race.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

The other orange-and-black team is also struggling badly, although I don't think that they are done.

The Giants have gone 11-23 since the All-Star break. They trail the Dodgers by half a game in the N.L. West.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/sf

To expand on this further ........

When Clayton Kershaw and his 1.79 ERA and 0.727 WHIP went down with an injury on June 26th, the Dodgers were 8 games behind the Giants.

Since then, the Dodgers have gained 11 games on the Giants, going 30-19, while the Giants have gone 19-30.

Yeah. the Orioles are done, alright ........ just like the Dodgers were done when they were 8 games behind the Giants, and the best pitcher in baseball went down with a herniated disc.

Like Frobby said in another thread ........ all I know is that I don't know.

To expand on this further ........

When Clayton Kershaw and his 1.79 ERA and 0.727 WHIP went down with an injury on June 26th, the Dodgers were 8 games behind the Giants.

Since then, the Dodgers have gained 11 games on the Giants, going 30-19, while the Giants have gone 19-30.

Yeah. the Orioles are done, alright ........ just like the Dodgers were done when they were 8 games behind the Giants, and the best pitcher in baseball went down with a herniated disc.

Like Frobby said in another thread ........ all I know is that I don't know.

All I know is don't know, too.

But the Dodgers aren't starting Wade Miley, Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo.

Oh, so that's the explanation?

The Dodgers gained 11 games on the best team in baseball without Clayton Kershaw, and with Kent Maeda, Ross Stripling, Bud Norris, Julio Urias, Scott Kazmir (who has since gone down with an injury), and Rich Hill in their rotation. And the reason why they were able to do so is that they don't have Yoavni Gallardo, Wade Miley, and Ubaldo Jimenez in their rotation.

That's a cop-out, and an oversimplification of what the Orioles have been able to do, in spite of the holes in their starting rotation ....... such having an excellent bullpen for almost the entire season, a very solid infield defense, and an explosive (if erratic) offense that helped pick up the slack over a significant stretch of the season while the Orioles' pitching struggled.

Anyone except the most homer-laden Dodgers fan would not have predicted that they would gain 11 games on the Giants over the last 2 months EVEN WITH Clayton Kershaw, let alone without him. The Orioles may not win the division, and they may not even secure a Wildcard berth, but declaring them dead when they have hung in the thick of the Pennant race for more than 3/4 of the season is presumptuous.

If this team has another 2 weeks like the last two, they may mathematically be in it but for all intensive purposes in my opinion it's over.

If they can somehow manage to at least level the ship and show a spark of life, there's no reason to think they won't be competing for at least a wild-card until the last week or so of the season

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Can't blame spell check for that one.

No one knows for sure. Seattle was making a run and have now lost three in a row. Blown two big leads in the last five games. Tigers are now making a push. Also playing Twins and Angles. Royals looked dead with injuries and everythin g else but are hot. Playing Boston this weekend. Rays have the best record over the last 10 games in the AL East. We shall see.

Archived