The Orioles are done

LookitsPuck

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not looking good. The season hinges on Tillman and Bundy. If they return to form from (injury/dead arm?) then the O's have a strong chance of making the playoffs. If Tillman is out and Bundy continues to regress it's probably good night.

The only consistent theme is that Dan duquette has really hamstrung this team and his trade day acquisitions of Pearce and Miley were mediocre to poor as per usual.

I hate to say this, but I REALLY wish he was in Toronto.

Me too! I'm still mad he didn't get let go when he was ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was just a hitting slump I would agree that there is no need for doom and gloom.

But Bundy and Tillman have both looked terrible this week--horrible results with decreased velocity. It's hard to stay optimistic when confronting the likelihood that both of them need a trip to the DL.

Bundy is fine.. and I actually think Tilly (and we'll find out tomorrow) was rusty and afraid because of the soreness. Seasons not lost yet. If we are 10 games back come September 10th... then people would have a case as we have so many games left against AL East.

Bundy is fine.. and I actually think Tilly (and we'll find out tomorrow) was rusty and afraid because of the soreness. Seasons not lost yet. If we are 10 games back come September 10th... then people would have a case as we have so many games left against AL East.

This. Playing terribly but not done...yet. Lots of time left. Tillman's health is key. The key is to peak in September.

Donnie Hart looks like a nugget, by the way.

The only consistent theme is that Dan duquette has really hamstrung this team and his trade day acquisitions of Pearce and Miley were mediocre to poor as per usual.

I hate to say this, but I REALLY wish he was in Toronto.

I don't really think those 2 trades were bad, I actually liked them. DD has made far worse decisions. I don't want to rehash the entire history but to name a few: giving Davies away for Parra, Letting Gonzo go, giving up draft picks, putting himself in a position where he had to go after Gallardo. Ubaldo looks bad now but I'm not going to count that as a stupid decision. I'm sure other's can chime in with more. Bottom line, our pitching depth finally bottomed out. DD has scrounged and scrounged, he's made a real effort. But too many wrong decisions left us in the current situation.

But to end on a good note the season isn't over. We still have decent positioning in the WC. Just gotta cross our fingers on Tillman and Bundy, can't really do much else. Also the offense is due for a hot streak.

I make a post about how hard this team is to watch lately and get called every name in the book? Then this is posted and no responses like that? Where is your heart Oriole fans? Must be a lot of front runners on this board because I, for one, don't think we are done. I think we are about to go on a run. So, all you guys that got excited after one monster offensive performance and berated me for being less of a fan than you are can go suck it. We are going on a run starting tomorrow. A week from now, you guys can all come back and stay in the back of the bandwagon.

I make a post about how hard this team is to watch lately and get called every name in the book? Then this is posted and no responses like that? Where is your heart Oriole fans? Must be a lot of front runners on this board because I, for one, don't think we are done. I think we are about to go on a run. So, all you guys that got excited after one monster offensive performance and berated me for being less of a fan than you are can go suck it. We are going on a run starting tomorrow. A week from now, you guys can all come back and stay in the back of the bandwagon.

If the O's go on a run starting tomorrow and finish this season w/ a WC or even the division, I'll stop posting here for the offseason/playoffs.

The pitching staff looks exhausted. But we've had some winning streaks at unexpected times this year. Lots of games left against our competitors, which means tough games but also chances to make up for current struggles. We're down but not out. Or done.

Archived