The Orioles are done

LookitsPuck

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Some of you need a Paxil dosage increase!

I read on here that Manny is unhappy. What is the evidence of that? And if he is, shouldn't we trade him this off-season? We ought to get 3-4 major-league-ready players and some prospects for him, don't you think?

I read on here that Manny is unhappy. What is the evidence of that? And if he is, shouldn't we trade him this off-season? We ought to get 3-4 major-league-ready players and some prospects for him, don't you think?

We should get just prospects for him.

Manny made some comment about the attendance. He never said he was unhappy here. It was also said that Manny's reps approached the Orioles about an extension.

If so it was a hell of a job by Buck to hold this thing together as long as he did. This rotation outside of Tillman and a few starts by Bundy has pretty much been hot garbage all season and they led the best division in baseball into August.

pretty sure Chicago and St. Louis would be looking down on all 5 of these teams if they were in the East.

Manny made some comment about the attendance. He never said he was unhappy here. It was also said that Manny's reps approached the Orioles about an extension.

As I stated in that corresponding thread, I took Machado's complaints about the attendance a step further ........ in addition to the face value of his comments (he wants to see more Orioles fans at their home games while they are in a Pennant race), I also viewed said comments as Machado having a vested interest in the franchise overall, and that his Adam Jones-like statement to the press was a way of saying that he views himself as an Oriole, through and through.

Again, this is admittedly nothing more than wishful thinking on my part.

As I stated in that corresponding thread, I took Machado's complaints about the attendance a step further ........ in addition to the face value of his comments (he wants to see more Orioles fans at their home games while they are in a Pennant race), I also viewed said comments as Machado having a vested interest in the franchise overall, and that his Adam Jones-like statement to the press was a way of saying that he views himself as an Oriole, through and through.

Again, this is admittedly nothing more than wishful thinking on my part.

I agree with you. But in the end I think Manny will follow the money if the Orioles allow him to test FA. And I doubt the most money will be in Baltimore unfortunately. Hopefully the Orioles step up before that happens.

The time to do that was before you brought back O'Day and Davis.

You can't do a full rebuild with Davis on the roster.

This!

Both decisions were not good ones. They could have very well resigned Miller if they wanted to give a deal like this to O'Day.

I'm not saying that you agree with me or say they aren't good decisions but I was on board with the rebuild before last off season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miller was a blunder to me only because if you're going to give up ERod for him as a rental...then you might as well try resigning him.

That said, O'Day was the most consistent, durable, effective and well liked reliever we've had in a long time. I don't blame them for resigning him.

I get that you are overly optimistic, but it's hard to not think overly negatively of the team after the way they played this series. Sure they are technically still in the playoff hunt but all facets of their game are trending in the wrong direction. They aren't exactly inspiring confidence.

I wouldn't say I am overly optimistic. I don't go they are the best team in baseball when they are on a winning streak and I don't think they are a terrible team when they go through a rough spot. I don't understand the Manic Depressive nature of a lot of people on here. I am realistic. They are 2 1/2 games out of first place and they control their own destiny as they have games left against the Red Sox and the Blue Jays.

Why would I give up at this point? I went through 14 straight seasons where they were out of the division battle at this point. Still meaningful baseball to be played. It is time for them to step up and win some games. The Astros are a good team. Bergman is going to be a star and they have Correa and Altuve who already stars. Altuve is a better player than Trout. Everyone seems to think it is so easy to win. Its not they are playing against good teams.

Miller was a blunder to me only because if you're going to give up ERod for him as a rental...then you might as well try resigning him.

That said, O'Day was the most consistent, durable, effective and well liked reliever we've had in a long time. I don't blame them for resigning him.

I guess my opinion on O'Day was a bit extreme but I feel similar to you as in if they're giving up one of their better pitching prospects they should have tried to resign him. They showed they were and are willing to spend money just wish they'd use it more wisely in certain areas.

I don't understand how they've yet to upgrade the starting rotation when we came into the season with so many question marks. I feel like you in many ways that the season about over for the O's but I'm not ready to give up hope yet.

But let's look into the future for this rotation.

Tillman is a lock for the rotation.

Bundy is coming along nicely although is last two outings were not great. I feel like he has what it takes.

Other then them two who can we depend on that we have.

Ubaldo? No

Gallardo? No

Miley? No

Gausman? I want to believe he can be a really good SP but as of now I have to go with... No.

In our system we really don't have any Major League ready guys. Harvey is looking at another year or two after TJ and this years first round pick we can't count on yet. (I'm drawing a blank on his name)

If we don't make a serious attempt to improve this rotation I don't see how we don't start looking at a rebuild here soon because this team is about to get really expensive with the players we have getting close to free agency.

No good reason to give up on this season considering our place in the standings.

I think a rebuild/fire sale could be in order in 2018 if we are out of contention in July, but this year I am cautiously optimistic that we can make the playoffs. 23-17 gets us to 90 wins. Not that tall of an order and lots of games against the Rays and Yankees to get fat on.

I guess my opinion on O'Day was a bit extreme but I feel similar to you as in if they're giving up one of their better pitching prospects they should have tried to resign him. They showed they were and are willing to spend money just wish they'd use it more wisely in certain areas.

I don't understand how they've yet to upgrade the starting rotation when we came into the season with so many question marks. I feel like you in many ways that the season about over for the O's but I'm not ready to give up hope yet.

But let's look into the future for this rotation.

Tillman is a lock for the rotation.

Bundy is coming along nicely although is last two outings were not great. I feel like he has what it takes.

Other then them two who can we depend on that we have.

Ubaldo? No

Gallardo? No

Miley? No

Gausman? I want to believe he can be a really good SP but as of now I have to go with... No.

In our system we really don't have any Major League ready guys. Harvey is looking at another year or two after TJ and this years first round pick we can't count on yet. (I'm drawing a blank on his name)

If we don't make a serious attempt to improve this rotation I don't see how we don't start looking at a rebuild here soon because this team is about to get really expensive with the players we have getting close to free agency.

The player you are thinking of is Cody Sedlock.

There are a few pitchers that could be MLB ready. Just because they aren't hall of fame worthy in the minors doesn't mean they won't do a great job in the majors. Parker Bridwell just got called up. Joe Gunkel has been doing very good in Norfolk. Michael Zoulzalik could be a good middle reliever. There IS hope, as long as you don't just write them off. There is also a lefty named Alex Wells, in Single A that has been mentioned a few times. He is a good one to keep an eye on.

Archived