The Orioles are done

LookitsPuck

They also need to bring up Mancini.

2 runs yet again tonight.

Buck and Dan need to start making some tough decisions.

Reimold and ubaldo have to go or this team will not make the playoffs. Period.

I'm not so sure Reimold and Ubaldo matter much in regards to whether this team makes the playoffs or not.

Reimold is a role player who had a solid first month or so. But since then hasn't been good save for a late inning theatric.

Ubaldo I can see where you're coming from because he arguably lost the second Houston game for the O's by letting them back in the game multiple times. He's clogging a very valuable roster spot and just can't contribute in any meaningful capacity.

That said...the issue with this club will always go back to starting pitching. Even though the offense has been woefully inconsistent....the starting pitching for most of the season has been bad.

Put quite simply: if Tillman is seriously hurt or pitches through an injury and is ineffective, this club is finished.

Wade Miley since becoming an Oriole: 9.53 ERA .359/.400/.615 - 1.015 OPS, 28 H in 17 IP for a 15 H/9.

Yovani Gallardo since coming off the DL: 4.68 ERA .265/.366/.449 - .815 OPS

Kevin Gausman his last 8 starts: 4.37 ERA .264/.332/.483 - .814 OPS

Bundy was the wild card. But it was under the assumption that Tillman is healthy. Guys like Gallardo and Miley can't carry this club.

So hoping upon hope the following is true:

1. Tillman will be healthy and effective his next start and beyond

2. Bundy is just going through a little dead arm period and not something worse and he'll rebound, because his last 2 starts: 5.40 ERA .293/.370/.512 - .882 OPS, 1.600 WHIP, 4.5 SO/9, 3.6 BB/9.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This. Playing terribly but not done...yet. Lots of time left. Tillman's health is key. The key is to peak in September.

Donnie Hart looks like a nugget, by the way.

And I called it on Tilly. 9 days is a long time not to pitch in the middle of the season.. all rust.

:agree: It's as though they had never seen a season of baseball before.

Or they've seen this:

Orioles:

2nd half: 16-19, 134 R, 155 RA - 3.8 R/G, 4.4 RA/G

Jays:

2nd half: 18-13, 141 R, 121 RA - 4.5 R/G, 3.9 RA/G

Red Sox:

2nd half: 19-15, 179 R, 125 RA - 5.3 R/G, 3.7 RA/G

Mariners:

2nd half: 20-12, 130 R, 135 RA - 4.1 R/G, 4.2 RA/G

Tigers:

2nd half: 18-15, 133 R, 127 RA - 4.0 R/G, 3.8 RA/G

It doesn't take a rocket science to see that the club has been struggling for 2 months now. However, if they can somehow start winning and turning things around tomorrow...everything will be better. But what have you seen that gives you hope that they will?

Pray for Tillman and Bundy.

I'm not a fan of calling any players trash...unless they're guys like Aroldis Chapman, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, etc. That's for obvious reasons.

But calling the O's players trash? Just unnecessary and a bit classless.

You can say they're playing like hot garbage and that'd be accurate. But not that the team is trash. Just a rubbish way to approach it.

Even with a loss tonight they are still in the wild card spot. I don't know how you can say they are done.

I get that you are overly optimistic, but it's hard to not think overly negatively of the team after the way they played this series. Sure they are technically still in the playoff hunt but all facets of their game are trending in the wrong direction. They aren't exactly inspiring confidence.

I'm not a fan of calling any players trash...unless they're guys like Aroldis Chapman, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, etc. That's for obvious reasons.

But calling the O's players trash? Just unnecessary and a bit classless.

You can say they're playing like hot garbage and that'd be accurate. But not that the team is trash. Just a rubbish way to approach it.

So if you call Braun and Rodriguez trash,then Nelson Cruz,Brian Robert's and rhe other multitude of players are also.Houston looked like toast and is now sort of back in the playoff race.Not saying the Orioles will make the playoffs. Who really knows?

I see people saying "get rid of Reimold and Ubaldo." What about when Weiters gets back, do you send Joseph down to Triple A instead of Pena, since Joseph has been 0-Season in homers and rbis?

You think Joseph will actually go 0 for the season? That feels like it'd be a career killer.

The starting pitching has always been the achilles of this team, and with Tillman struggling/hurt and Bundy tired things don't look good. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season yet but if the pitching doesn't improve its gonna be rough watching some of the games, and I think we'll see a lot of games like Friday night.

Definitely a choke job.

This teams problem from the beginning was starting pitching. Losing Tillman is disastrous. Hopefully he was just rusty but I doubt it

How is it a choke job? You have hinted before this team isn't as good as their record. So is it a choke job or just what they really are catching up to their record?

Archived