Orioles playing .435 baseball since July 1st

Tony-OH

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Want to know why you don't feel good about this team? The Orioles are now 20-26 (.435) since July 1st. This is not a slump.

Eh, they've just got too many holes. I never expected them to be over .500 for the year, frankly. So for me, this is gravy.

The lineup is probably the most one dimensional 1-9 that I've ever seen. They're slower than creeping death. They can't get on base with any frequency. Their starting rotation is unreliable.

They may eek into the wild card, which I will happily accept. But they're not deep enough to make waves in the playoffs.

Lost last 6 of 7 at home.

Starting pitching reverting back to pre ASB numbers. Tillman hurt. Bundy at least fatigued. Offense woefully inconsistent.

Of the 5 teams vying for an AL East or WC spot (Orioles, Jays, Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers) the O's have the worst R/G and RA/G of the bunch in the 2nd half.

This is why I think we're cooked. Friday was winnable. But epically poor pitching did them in. Today was winnable. But bad defense did them in.

Playoff teams aren't like this. I'm actually thinking they might lucky to finish .500 at this rate. They've looked dreadfully awful for weeks now.

Lost last 6 of 7 at home.

Starting pitching reverting back to pre ASB numbers. Tillman hurt. Bundy at least fatigued. Offense woefully inconsistent.

Of the 5 teams vying for an AL East or WC spot (Orioles, Jays, Red Sox, Mariners, Tigers) the O's have the worst R/G and RA/G of the bunch in the 2nd half.

This is why I think we're cooked. Friday was winnable. But epically poor pitching did them in. Today was winnable. But bad defense did them in.

Playoff teams aren't like this. I'm actually thinking they might lucky to finish .500 at this rate. They've looked dreadfully awful for weeks now.

Astros, Royals and Yankees are only a game behind the Tigers in the loss column.

Dempsey said the Orioles are being played by the league for months

We are being played by a flawed team. It really stinks. This was a fun season. I just think this team has too little margin for error. Our closer has been perfect for us to be in this position.

My God, the Yankees could finish ahead of us.

It's going to go down to the wire

The Yankees now have a bunch of young up and coming players that will play hard to the final wire.

The O's have 4-5 guys who know they won't even be offered a contract next year. They might start mailing it in in about a week.

And Buck will never throw in the towell and audition young guys for next year. He'll be starting Pearce, Wieters, and the rest up till the last game of the year

You can't go all season with such a poor pitching staff, IMO, it puts too much pressure on the rest of the team.

Also, most teams have traded for or called up much better talent than the Os have. The Astros have called up Musgrove and Bregman. The BoSox have made several trades and called up top prospect(s). The NYY have called up Judge. The Rangers dealt for LuCroy.

I hope we can turn this thing around and get our mojo back because this could well be our last competitive team for years.

DD has burned our farm system to the ground and our lack of flexibility to make trades or call up top prospects to fill poor performing positions has to be among the very worst in baseball and that is really telling right now. And that will likely continue for a while. Cisco and Mancini are the only real talents above Frederick.

It's a collapse. The offense has done absolutely nothing. They should be better than this, even average production and were in a good spot. But they've played as bad as you can. What a shame this team is wasting a golden opportunity. Losing 3 out of 4 to a mediocre Houston team is the negative icing on the cake. If they get pummeled by the Nats which is a very likely scenario then it's probably over at that point. Very, very disappointed in this team.

Or Dempsey right now.

The O's got jobbed on at least three reviews tonight and might have scored more runs if even one of those calls had gone our way. However, bad calls had nothing to do with Manny's error or Davis' misplay tonight, or with the horrible pitching in 3 out of the previous 4 games.

The O's got jobbed on at least three reviews tonight and might have scored more runs if even one of those calls had gone our way. However, bad calls had nothing to do with Manny's error or Davis' misplay tonight, or with the horrible pitching in 3 out of the previous 4 games.

Agree, we got screwed but we've been finding ways to lose games on our own as well. The Nats series will have to be our last stand. They need 2 out of 4 to keep a float. I hate to have little faith in a team that has been resilient but I just haven't see any sign that this team will turn it around and were running out of time. It can't be soon, it has to be now.

Archived