Will the fans show?

Todd-O

Those tickets are upper reserve left field. Lower the prices on the lower level and see what happens. You are right the night of the week is the biggest issue and nobody is saying that they would get 40,000 but it would help.

It just seems to be a lot of bit**ng about the attendance for yesterdays game that people expected it to be packed....it's just never the case on a Monday night when kids are back in school. Then you have people questioning the fans..

That is true about the tickets - however most people do buy those tickets and sit somewhere down the baselines after 1st/3rd base.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just seems to be a lot of bit**ng about the attendance for yesterdays game that people expected it to be packed....it's just never the case on a Monday night when kids are back in school. Then you have people questioning the fans..

That is true about the tickets - however most people do buy those tickets and sit somewhere rdown the baselines after 1st/3rd base.

It's because we are playing the 1st place team in the standings. That is why. I'll be curious to see attendance this weekend with the tiered pricing. Weekend series vs Tampa and Arizona has cheaper pricing and giveaways. Once again people who don't go all the time are more worried about getting value then seeing the Yankees.

That is true about the tickets - however most people do buy those tickets and sit somewhere down the baselines after 1st/3rd base.

i never said just this one game. They have had lower attendance for the Yankees,Red Sox and Nationals games this year.The Yankees and Red Sox attendance figures started lowering last year. maybe because of prime pricing,people don't want to sit with 1/3 to 1/2 the stadium, Yankee or Red Sox fans.

Just what are they supposed to do now?

Run ticket deals for school night games like other teams do.

I have 2 kids. I am not taking my kids to a school night game, I am taking them to a Saturday game. They have to give people incentive to go during the week. People are waiting to go on the weekends. Offer ticket deals to increase attendance. Not complicated. You mean to tell me that based off of recent years ticket buying habits and advance sales the Orioles didn't know months ago that the Jays series was going to be an issue? And they did nothing to address it.

I have 2 kids. I am not taking my kids to a school night game, I am taking them to a Saturday game. They have to give people incentive to go during the week. People are waiting to go on the weekends. Offer ticket deals to increase attendance. Not complicated. You mean to tell me that based off of recent years ticket buying habits and advance sales the Orioles didn't know months ago that the Jays series was going to be an issue? And they did nothing to address it.

I doubt it has anything to do with ticket prices. People don't want to go to games on Monday night. The city is dangerous and people don't want to deal with the hassle. Bars and restaurants are usually not crowded on Mondays either. If people want to see the Blue Jays they can go on Wednesday.

I think it's obvious that as time goes on, the Nats are increasingly impacting the O's fan base. I am a DC area native that has always supported the O's but would not have gone that way if there was still a team in DC, albeit a successful one.

The Nats are simply a better run organization, which is apparent when you look at the personnel decisions, farm system, etc. Add to that the focus on starting pitching, contact hitting and team speed and the results to show for it. The vastly inferior stadium does not seem to matter.

I doubt it has anything to do with ticket prices. People don't want to go to games on Monday night. The city is dangerous and people don't want to deal with the hassle. Bars and restaurants are usually not crowded on Mondays either. If people want to see the Blue Jays they can go on Wednesday.

More people will go, not saying they will sell the place out. It is all relative. 23,000 is better than 15,000. Monday's are horrible nights which is why you need to be creative.

More people will go, not saying they will sell the place out. It is all relative. 23,000 is better than 15,000. Monday's are horrible nights which is why you need to be creative.

Tonight does not look much better unless a walkup and trade of tickets. Perhaps a few thousand more or not. Friday's game also has plenty of tickets. Saturday the lower boxes are mostly gone,. I wonder who is sitting in those.

I honestly thought the poster was talking about different players.

In my opinion the lack of attendance is due to how we've been feeling about the team all year. No one really feels like this team is a legitimate contender, even when they were able to rattle off a few 7 game win streaks.

This is the ultimate "waiting for the shoe to drop" season. There's a palpable sense that it was going to fall apart. And now, it has, and the people waiting to jump on board in September for the run up to the playoffs will not be doing so.

This town wants good pitching. It doesn't matter how many home run hitters you have - Baltimore fans aren't stupid, and they're not going to spend hard earned money on a team they know is going to flop. Which it has.

This is right. Well, good pitching and a lineup that doesn't resemble a softball team.

Archived