Very Important Weekend

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what happens this weekend, I appreciate the players, Buck, the coaches, and -- yes, as much as I beat them up sometimes -- the front office getting us to this point where we're playing a white-knuckle series for our playoff lives in mid-September. This is what it's all about, and how could it be any more exciting?

BUCKLE UP, everyone! :D

We sweep them and our playoff odds are looking really good.

They sweep us and they aren't looking very good at all.

We need to win one of these, at a minimum. A series win would be great. The Tigers are better than us on paper and we are playing in Comerica so I'm not feeling very optimistic.

We sweep them and our playoff odds are looking really good.

They sweep us and they aren't looking very good at all.

We need to win one of these, at a minimum. A series win would be great. The Tigers are better than us on paper and we are playing in Comerica so I'm not feeling very optimistic.

I don't see that they are better than us on paper.

Of all the successful Orioles teams, I think this one has gotten the least amount of respect from the fans. I don't know if it's the pitching, or the streaky nature of the team, but I can only assume that the attendance figures we've seen this year (especially the last month) has something to do with how the fans feel about this team.

Starting pitching matchups:

Fulmer 2.77 vs. Gausman 3.58

Zimmerman 4.44 vs. Jimenez 6.19

Verlander 3.28 vs. Tillman 3.76

Tigers top 3 hitters:

Cabrera .315 .389 .553 .941

J.D. Martinez .319 .384 .570 .954

V. Martinez .293 .349 .475 .824

Orioles top three hitters:

Machado .307 .358 .564 .921

Trumbo .255 .319 .532 .851

Davis .229 .340 .486 .827

Every game is a must win at this point.

I would consider Macini, Walker or even Cisco or Tanner Scott if they can help.

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight but definitely getting concerned with our road performance.

You do realize that Tanner Scott had a 4.76 ERA between Frederick and Bowie this year and averaged a walk an inning. He was bad this year......in the minors. He is in no way, shape, or form an option for the big league club at this point.

Walker and Mancini might have helped the 2012 team, but we have no need for another 1B/DH on the roster at this time.

You do realize that Tanner Scott had a 4.76 ERA between Frederick and Bowie this year and averaged a walk an inning. He was bad this year......in the minors. He is in no way, shape, or form an option for the big league club at this point.

Walker and Mancini might have helped the 2012 team, but we have no need for another 1B/DH on the roster at this time.

Check up Scott's performance the last 2 weeks. His ERA was over 10 not too long ago. He figured something out perhaps. Worth a shot IMO.

You might be right on Macini or Walker but worth considering it IMO if it provides a spark. The offense needs a spark when every game matters, take full advantage of expanded rosters.

Check up Scott's performance the last 2 weeks. His ERA was over 10 not too long ago. He figured something out perhaps. Worth a shot IMO.

You might be right on Macini or Walker but worth considering it IMO if it provides a spark. The offense needs a spark when every game matters, take full advantage of expanded rosters.

Not sure what "spark" you expect to come from guys with .757 and .775 OPSes in Triple-A. Which current Orioles hitters would you replace with Mancini or Walker, and why?

If we are pointing to two week performances to justify promoting a player then I don't know what to say, other than that's not the way it works.

If we are pointing to two week performances to justify promoting a player then I don't know what to say, other than that's not the way it works.

He is a lefty and throws 100 mph, he's not just some retread. He's much younger than the average age of players in AA.

Not saying he is a panacea, but when you have a lefty throwing that hard and in his last 10-15 performances seems to be clicking, it's worth considering. My only point.

Archived