Can't sleep on the Rays

Moshagge3

Tonight was an absolutely monster win, no doubt about it. The O's put themselves in excellent position for this weekend. If the Yankees can manage a split in Boston, the O's can reclaim first with a series win. However, they can't take Tampa Bay lightly. They are playing some good baseball right now. They have 22 HRs in September, more than anyone except the O's, Seattle, and the Minnesota Doziers. Chris Archer, who the Orioles missed in Tampa, has a sub-1.00 WHIP in his last five starts. I'm optimistic, but it will not be an easy series by any means.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have a great opportunity to take 3 of 4 here playing at home in a critical series. And that would keep us in it going into the Boston series for 4 more. I wonder if we see Miley in the 3rd or 4th game to keep him away and to place Bundy against the Red Sox.

Not a bad idea.

I would base my decision on whether to start Miley on Sunday on how we fare in the first 3 games vs tampa. If we lose two of the first three or god forbid lose all three, I would definitely play Bundy, because it would be a must-win game. Should we win all of the first three or perhaps two of the first three, maybe you start Miley (or maybe Worley perhaps?) on Sunday to give Bundy a rest.

I'm still not assuming Ubaldo gives us a quality start tomorrow. Love the guy's late effort, but those funky mechanics can fall apart at a moment's notice. Good thing we got 8 IP from KG last night, hopefully Gallardo can give us 6 tonight so we have reinforcements tomorrow in case UJ falls apart early.

There is absolutely no way Miley will make another start. If not Bundy, I'm sure Buck would go with Wilson or somebody. Anybody.

I'm not so sure. Wilson's numbers vs. TB aren't good. Miley's numbers are actually quite qood vs. TB.....so if there was ever a scenario in which to give him another shot - it's TB on Sunday....as much as I hate to say that.

Tampa's overdue to have a good series against us. Here's now they've done against the other AL East teams:

BOS 7-9

NYY 7-9

TOR 11-8

BAL 4-11

I hope we can take a series from them one more time, but I'm definitely not taking it for granted.

They've played everyone tough but us.

I'm not so sure. Wilson's numbers vs. TB aren't good. Miley's numbers are actually quite qood vs. TB.....so if there was ever a scenario in which to give him another shot - it's TB on Sunday....as much as I hate to say that.

I'll be shocked if Miley starts against Tampa Bay based on Buck's comments the other day.

Still no updates on Sunday?s starter against the Rays and whether Wade Miley stays in the rotation.

?When I tell the player, I?ll tell you all, OK?? Showalter said. ?I can tell you what we?re thinking, but the player?s going to hear about it first.

?We?re trying to put our best foot forward here every day and taking in a lot of information. See how everybody?s feeling, see how guys do and see how they feel and we?ll put our best foot forward on Sunday.?

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/showalter-on-pearce-roster-lineup-and-rotation.html

Buck is strongly hinting that he wants to tell Miley personally that he's out of the rotation instead of him learning about it from a leak to the media.

Tampa's overdue to have a good series against us. Here's now they've done against the other AL East teams:

BOS 7-9

NYY 7-9

TOR 11-8

BAL 4-11

Or the Orioles could just have the Rays number. The Astros are 4-15 against the Rangers this year while they're 72-55 against everyone else. Some teams just don't match up well with certain teams for whatever reason.

Archived