Can't sleep on the Rays

Moshagge3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight was an absolutely monster win, no doubt about it. The O's put themselves in excellent position for this weekend. If the Yankees can manage a split in Boston, the O's can reclaim first with a series win. However, they can't take Tampa Bay lightly. They are playing some good baseball right now. They have 22 HRs in September, more than anyone except the O's, Seattle, and the Minnesota Doziers. Chris Archer, who the Orioles missed in Tampa, has a sub-1.00 WHIP in his last five starts. I'm optimistic, but it will not be an easy series by any means.

No, we can't lose focus. Let's take 3 of 4. And the first game is vitally important in a 4 gamer. Go Orioles.

I'll be shocked if Miley starts against Tampa Bay based on Buck's comments the other day.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/showalter-on-pearce-roster-lineup-and-rotation.html

Buck is strongly hinting that he wants to tell Miley personally that he's out of the rotation instead of him learning about it from a leak to the media.

Roch himself also speculated on the O's removing Miley from the rotation. No quotes, but Roch doesn't throw stuff out there lightly.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/more-on-miley-and-tonights-game.html

Wade Miley may no longer be in the Orioles rotation. His next turn in a six-man rotation would come Sunday afternoon against the Rays at Camden Yards. Or manager Buck Showalter could bring back Dylan Bundy on normal rest, though the rookie might benefit from an extra day.

And we opened at about -150, therefore the money is going TB's way.

Lots of bettors fading Gallardo I'm sure. Lost in the shuffle of how horrible Ubaldo was in the beginning and how horrible Miley's been at the end is the fact the Gallardo has been pretty consistently terrible throughout. Good start last time out from him - but I'm sure bettors were happy to get significant + money against a guy with an ERA near 5.50.

I'm not so sure. Wilson's numbers vs. TB aren't good. Miley's numbers are actually quite qood vs. TB.....so if there was ever a scenario in which to give him another shot - it's TB on Sunday....as much as I hate to say that.

So Wilson shouldn't start vs TB based on 2 career starts, one of which wasn't even this year?

Archived