Buck Stuff

ChuckS

Talk about pushing your luck til it runs out.

You wait to get a lead to use him and it's probably not going to happen. I was saying this all night. How do you not bring him in after Ubaldo puts runners on first and third with one out? Why do you bring Ubaldo in to begin with?

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That loss ultimately is on Buck. Our disastrous approach at the plate contributed - but you have to go to Britton that inning and prolong the game. Even if you go to Ubaldo first - once those guys get on - you walk the bases full and go to Britton against Bautista with the force at home or the double play available. Britton only had the best ground ball rate in history. It's the obvious move - just an awful series of decisions by Buck.

That loss ultimately is on Buck. Our disastrous approach at the plate contributed - but you have to go to Britton that inning and prolong the game. Even if you go to Ubaldo first - once those guys get on - you walk the bases full and go to Britton against Bautista with the force at home or the double play available. Britton only had the best ground ball rate in history. It's the obvious move - just an awful series of decisions by Buck.

Well said. A guy known to impode, implodes. Meanwhile, you had at least two innings of bullets just left in the chamber begging to be emptied.

I've remained positive for years but this is too much. A potential Cy Young and MVP candidate didn't even throw a pitch in a single elimination game. Nolan pinch hits and plays the field. He's had his guys he's sat the right guys too often and he's allowed slump after slump after slump.

It's been a great run but time to send him home.

Buck used the BP brilliantly today except for this.

Pinch hitting for Kim yet again with Reimold is another head scratcher. Buck keeps doing this.

Especially given Drew Stubbs' presence on the playoff roster. Ya know, a guy who historically has hit lefties well and isn't a bad defender.

Can't believe I'm saying this but not using Britton is indefensible. Buck got too greedy and it bites him, we've seen it during the regular season and you can get away with it over the long haul. But in the post season do or die you can't do what he just did. He offically lost me and I struggle to see how Buck could ever guide us to a WS win with the way he manages. The move to Ubaldo makes no sense because you waste one of your long relief pitchers and back yourself in to corner because you don't want to just waste him. Putting in Britton for 2 IP make sense to anyone who knows anything about baseball. If you lose with your lights out closer fine. More than likely he blanks the Jays for 2 innings and then if you haven't scored then fine, go to Ubaldo. Buck I love, we've had a long horrible 14 years of suckitude, and I'm gratful to Buck and the players. But these are the kind of things that point to why you'll never win with Buck.

Archived