Buck Stuff

ChuckS

Since Bourn has come to the O's his slash is .283/.358/.435 with 2 steals in 55 games. Jones is .265/.310/.460. I'm not saying replace Jones with Bourn in the lineup but you have to move Jones lower in the lineup to drive in runs and let Bourn get on base and cause some havoc with steals (Oh that's right Buck doesn't believe in the stolen base or small ball).

Small sample size. Over full season Bourne's stats offensively will be really bad. He has never hit as well in a season as those stats and he has done much worse in recent years. If you plan for Bourne to be your starter you need to plan again. I see him more in a David Lough type role.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It just seems like it?s too early to use all the Buck Showalter jokes and maybe we should save the best ones for when we really need them</p>— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) <a href="
">October 7, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hahahaha. I love Buck, but well played.

I think this is ridiculous. How many managers and games have been played by the O's over 60 plus years? Playing Ubaldo in this game who had been pitching better of late is the worst thing ever done? Buck did what he thought best. It didnt work out this time. Every manager has done the same. Baseball is a game of failure. A player has three hits out of ten plate appearances. He is hitting .300. Buck made a choice that didnt work out. It's funny. Some fan started a poll. Who to start Ubldo or Tillman. Ubaldo won that poll. And some of the same fans that voted for Ubaldo are pissed off at Buck for bringing Jimenez in.

Buck was right to start Tillman. Ubaldo pitched well for a month and a half but before that he was absolutely terrible. I think in general people of this board memories are very short term. You can see all the season is over posts when we lose a few in a row and then when we have a winning steak everyone is all about how great the team is.

It would not surprised me in the least if Jiminez gave up 6 runs in the first inning if he had started.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2016/10/6/13174516/buck-showalter-dan-duquette-zach-britton-orioles

This article is really reaching it is putting part of the blame on DD:

"Orioles fans have every right to be mad at Showalter. But don?t let Duquette off the hook. He?s the one who either failed to provide the training to his direct report of over six year in how to manage games, or failed in getting him to apply the training. In almost any other line of work, Duquette would?ve gotten in big trouble with his superiors. It?s time to start criticizing GMs of bad tactical managers just as much as we criticize the managers themselves. Why they choose to enable such managers when their mistakes reflect poorly on them, and why the media never criticizes them for doing so, I?ll never understand."

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2016/10/6/13174516/buck-showalter-dan-duquette-zach-britton-orioles

"Orioles fans have every right to be mad at Showalter. But don?t let Duquette off the hook. He?s the one who either failed to provide the training to his direct report of over six year in how to manage games, or failed in getting him to apply the training. In almost any other line of work, Duquette would?ve gotten in big trouble with his superiors. It?s time to start criticizing GMs of bad tactical managers just as much as we criticize the managers themselves. Why they choose to enable such managers when their mistakes reflect poorly on them, and why the media never criticizes them for doing so, I?ll never understand."

I'm guessing Luis Torres is around 23 and about six months into his first job after college?

The bolded part is comic gold. It's so over-the-top ridiculous I'm not sure if it's supposed to be ironic or funny or something. He's equating the job of a very experienced MLB manager (and his relationship to the GM) to the manager of a fast food joint training a 18-year-old in the operation of the deep fryer.

The bolded part is comic gold. It's so over-the-top ridiculous I'm not sure if it's supposed to be ironic or funny or something. He's equating the job of a very experienced MLB manager (and his relationship to the GM) to the manager of a fast food joint training a 18-year-old in the operation of the deep fryer.

DD: "Buck I am going to send you to 'Remedial Bullpen Management' and 'How to Manage Major League Games to Win' classes. Also I am going to give you some one one training on the double switch that you might have forgot about that as we don't play many National League teams. "

DD: "Buck I am going to send you to 'Remedial Bullpen Management' and 'How to Manage Major League Games to Win' classes. Also I am going to give you some one one training on the double switch that you might have forgot about that as we don't play many National League teams. "

Or..."We're going to send you to Bowie for a few weeks so you can get a better feel for using the bullpen."

If the part of that article referenced above isn't satire, the author should lose all sports writing activities until HE goes back to school!

It's funny. Some fan started a poll. Who to start Ubldo or Tillman. Ubaldo won that poll. And some of the same fans that voted for Ubaldo are pissed off at Buck for bringing Jimenez in.

I started a thread about that and was told it was a completely different scenario. Because if Ubaldo gave up a bunch of runs early we would have time to recover and score runs. :scratchchinhmm: :bangwall:

Or..."We're going to send you to Bowie for a few weeks so you can get a better feel for using the bullpen."

If the part of that article referenced above isn't satire, the author should lose all sports writing activities until HE goes back to school!

DD: Doggone it Buck, it's the end of the fiscal year and you're the only one of my direct reports who hasn't finished your required training! I'm going to catch hell from Angelos if you don't finish your online Prevention of Sexual Harassment Training, your Response to An Active Shooter, your Ethics in Our Organization Refresher, and How to Manage a Bullpen by 5:00pm today! Accounting had theirs knocked out three weeks ago, so they get the ice cream party this year.

Back to Manager School for you!

Archived