Olney on Potential Replacements

Birds08

hmmm Baez and Belle come to mind...at least they have proven that they suck

Belle? For one thing this or the previous front office had nothing to do with the signing of Albert Belle. And 2, the signing of Albert Belle was perhaps one of the few things any Orioles front office has done right recently. They signed arguably one of the games best offensive hitters at that time... now if your gonna say, but he got hurt. No he didn't get hurt, Belle got sick. His illness was non-baseball related and in no way was anybody gonna know. Prior to his illness in 2000, the last time Belle spent time on the DL was back in 1991.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm told Angelos still has not given approval to re-assign Perlozzo.

And he may not. Pete is big on loyalty and let's face it, Sammy has been very loyal.

Knowing how this organization operates, Baker is their guy. ;)

I haven't heard about replacements!

And he may not. Pete is big on loyalty and let's face it, Sammy has been very loyal.

Knowing how this organization operates, Baker is their guy. ;)

I haven't heard about replacements!

Yeah... Perlozzo is very loyal after all he has been around with the ML club in different capacities for 9 of the last 9 straight losing seasons!

Kerry Wood, Mark Prior. Dusty does not know how to use pitchers. He is worse of an in-game manager than Perlozzo.

Baker may be a poor in-game manager, but Wood was underacheiving before Baker arrived at Wrigley and Prior's a head case, it wasn't all Baker's fault.

It is largely his fault that they got hurt.

Steve Stone, a great baseball man by most accounts and no friend of Baker, strongly believes Wood's mechanics are the biggest reason why Wood's career has been derailed by injury and ineffectiveness. Should Baker have changed Wood's mechanics? Maybe he tried, we don't know.

Archived