Would you consider Ryan Braun?

Dark Helmet

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

He's guaranteed roughly $76m over the next 4 years, with an option for 2021. Would you consider it if the Brewers took Jimenez and Gallardo and say Christian Walker? That would put us on the hook for roughly $50m for Braun. Just curious.

I don't care for him. No. 

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

I wouldn't want a player who falsely accused a clubhouse worker of something (costing the guy his job) in an attempt to save his own skin. Pass.

I don't recall this story.

I remember how he accused someone of leaving his sample in an unsecured area for an extended period of time.  But that wasn't a clubhouse worker, that was someone who should have known how to properly secure the sample.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't recall this story.

I remember how he accused someone of leaving his sample in an unsecured area for an extended period of time.  But that wasn't a clubhouse worker, that was someone who should have known how to properly secure the sample.

You are correct in that it was the person who collected the sample. However, when Braun accepted his 65-game suspension (that was unrelated to the test), he included an apology to that employee.

"I sincerely apologize to everybody involved in the arbitration process, including the collector, Dino Laurenzi, Jr." 

3 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here is the collector's full statement, which he emailed to numerous media outlets. According to him, he followed the correct procedure.

link to statement

Looks like I was also wrong about the collector losing his job. 

In 2013, Braun and his fiancee went to his home to make amends. Read that story here.

6 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here is the collector's full statement, which he emailed to numerous media outlets. According to him, he followed the correct procedure.

link to statement

The arbiter, who did lose his job over this case, did not think the steps taken were sufficient.  I agree with him.  That doesn't mean that the collector failed to follow protocol.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The collector did his job properly.  You suggested he didn't. The arbitrator ruled that the system wasn't secure enough.  

I will say that based on my experiences in physical security if I had been put in that situation I would have secured a either a lock box for the sample or for the refrigeration unit.  Regardless of what was required of me.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, but there's only one you.

Thank goodness for that.

I would hope that anyone that had the training I did would feel the same way.

Yes I think he should have exceeded what was required of him.  But he isn't culpable for not doing so.  The blame falls on the standards not on the individual for not exceeding them.

Archived