Orioles interested in Wellington Castillo

Dark Helmet

1 hour ago, weams said:

Yeah. It wasn't about a lessened work load. Or the fact that he thought he should play more. Sometimes regression goes to the mean. 

I think Caleb is certainly capable of being a .600-.650 OPS guy.   He got into a rut last year but I think he'll return to form.    I still wouldn't want to put all my eggs in that basket.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2016 at 3:53 PM, Dark Helmet said:

I'll take a .260 hitting catcher that will give you a .750ish OPS and close to 20 HR. 

Or close to it.  Kinda hard to understand why Arizona dropped him.  Too much reliance on catching metrics?  At $6 mil, I'd think he'd at least have had some trade value.  There's going to be competition for him - I know the Braves are interested.  

7 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Or close to it.  Kinda hard to understand why Arizona dropped him.  Too much reliance on catching metrics?  At $6 mil, I'd think he'd at least have had some trade value.  There's going to be competition for him - I know the Braves are interested.  

Yeah, the Orioles are just waiting for Wieters price to drop imo. Seems the budget is only there to bring guys back. Hope that holds true for Manny (doubtful)

Archived