Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

51 minutes ago, Machado13 said:

IMO this is not a steal nor an overpay. Just feels, I don't know, average? Lukewarm? Not particularly for or against it. Guess it's one more good bat to have in a relentless division.

It is hard to get excited about Trumbo, particularly since we seem to have like 50 shades of the same player on the roster.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weams said:

Bautista’s contract also has a $17-million mutual option with a $500,000 buyout and a $20-million vesting option for 2019.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-jose-bautistas-new-deal-blue-jays-attendance-bonus/

Since it's a mutual option, I see it as a plus for the Blue Jays. If Bautista has a very good year they can bring him back for just $17 million. If not, they are out of the contract after one year. 

Stoked by this signing.  I was so disappointed when earlier rumors had us with many more years and a much higher salary.  This is a steal at today's prices and the length isn't terrifying.  Very good for a DH who can give you some time in the field.  Very surprised and very happy!!! 

It creates a real problem regarding Mancini.  Having him at Norfolk again is a waste particularly with both Davis and Trumbo now blocking him for years.  Sad.  He could now hit .500 in spring training...it will make no difference.  There is no spot for him now at all. If he burns down Spring Training or Norfolk he needs to be traded.  Which we will then regret for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, crawjo said:

Since it's a mutual option, I see it as a plus for the Blue Jays. If Bautista has a very good year they can bring him back for just $17 million. If not, they are out of the contract after one year. 

Or Bautista chooses to back into FA like Fowler, but without the tag.

1 minute ago, MikeAD said:

Stoked by this signing.  I was so disappointed when earlier rumors had us with many more years and a much higher salary.  This is a steal at today's prices and the length isn't terrifying.  Very good for a DH who can give you some time in the field.  Very surprised and very happy!!! 

How is it a steal? The man has OPSed above .800 in 2 of the last 6 half seasons, in only one of those half seasons has he exceeded .813. For a guy who is paid to hit, I think I'd want a little more production than that.

Archived