Should the Orioles entertain the idea of Bautista?

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Bradysburns said:

I might give Fowler a 1/18 deal. Take the money you save by not signing Trumbo longer term and give it to Manny. Give it all to Manny, actually. I want Peter Angelos to drive his Mercedes over to Manny's house and personally deliver the keys. 

People hopinG we extend Manny are like the ones dreaming we'd sign Teixeira. Put down the pipe. I'd give Fowler 4/72M before I'd give Trumbo 4/55M

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

How does Bautista fit into this clubhouse?

You know, Buck is very astute about how a negative ball player can affect the entire clubhouse.

Im not saying Bautista is or isn't.

I know what I perceive, is that he isn't. But, I have nothing factual to base that on.

Bautista has never had an issue in his own clubhouse that I've ever heard. He seems to be well liked by own teammates.

20 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

How does Bautista fit into this clubhouse?

You know, Buck is very astute about how a negative ball player can affect the entire clubhouse.

Im not saying Bautista is or isn't.

I know what I perceive, is that he isn't. But, I have nothing factual to base that on.

Bautista has never had an issue in his own clubhouse that I've ever heard. He seems to be well liked by own teammates.

Most of the responses in this thread (not yours quoted here per se) are EXACTLY why fans should never, and I mean ever be seriously considered when making baseball or business decisions. Bautista plays hard all the time, is well liked in his own clubhouse, does tons of charity work in Toronto, and most importantly is the kind of hitter we need in our lineup full of low OBP, high strikeout hitters who struggle to work counts or pitchers.

Oh wait, he showed up O'day after O'day buzzed him. Well, that's all good gamesmanship if you ask me. You buzz me, I hit mamouth home run, I stare you down. Who wouldn't? If he was an Oriole doing that most of you would be loving him.

Saying you wouldn't go to games or calling him a huge Dbag is really over the top if you ask me. Bautista is not going to get a huge contract unless Boston thinks he can be the new Papi for 3 or 4 more years. He's still a better overall hitter than Trumbo who despite hitting 47 home runs last year slashed .214/.284/.470/.754 in the second half of the season last year. Baustista despite his "down year" slashed .239/.372/.447/.819 in the 2nd half of last year.

I'd take Bautista in a heartbeat. I'd give Bautista a 3 year deal before I would Trumbo a 4 year deal. 3/66 for Bautista? He's a high OBP guy that can still hit 30+ HR. And I think he will have a monster 2017 because he seems to thrive on having a chip on his shoulder. And I believe he will have a huge chip on his shoulder. Especially against Toronto. Sign me up for Bautista.

32 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I messed up on what I wanted to put. Wanted to put so that way Toronto doesn't get our pick 

The QO system hasn't "traded" picks for the last 5 years.  Under the system in place this off season the Orioles would lose their pick and Toronto would get one at the end of the first round.

Next year it becomes the loss of a third round pick or 2 and 5th if over the cap (which will never happen in baltimore).

15 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

The QO system hasn't "traded" picks for the last 5 years.  Under the system in place this off season the Orioles would lose their pick and Toronto would get one at the end of the first round.

Next year it becomes the loss of a third round pick or 2 and 5th if over the cap (which will never happen in baltimore).

My bad for using the wrong terminology, but I don't want to give Toronto our 1st round pick 

13 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Unless DD was not being honest, it appears that there is no interest in Fowler deal.

Well, it would be harsh to say dishonest.  DD plays everything pretty close to the vest, as he should.  No advantage (and in fact quite a disadvantage) to lay out your specific strategies in the media.  He didn't flat out say no way on Fowler, but rather merely said that there was nothing happening and he didn't see any reason to think that will change.  That wouldn't make him a liar if things did change, however.  Having said that, I don't think it is in the cards, either.

Archived