Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

28 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Did you read my post? Duquette should have NEVER shared that tidbit with his agent. It was unprofessional and unnecessary. And his agent had every right to make it public. As a person who's expected to act as a negotiator a GM should also be expected to act with a certain level of decorum. Again, what was the point in burning the bridge. Even if we take Bautista out of the equation I'm sure it left a bad taste with the agent...who represents other players. 

Maybe the agent kept going on and on about how Bautista would improve the Orioles and how he was worth the 4 year 150 million dollar contract his player wanted.  DD just used it as an excuse to get off the phone.  Who really cares? 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

How is it embarrassing to hate Ortiz? Throwing tantrums like tearing up a dugout phone, that's embarassing.

If Ortiz played on the Orioles he would be a fan favorite.  Machado has done far worse and people on here love him.   Delmon Young was an Oriole and did actual real life bad things and I think only one or two people on here complained about him being on the team. 

17 minutes ago, cimota said:

If Ortiz played on the Orioles he would be a fan favorite.  Machado has done far worse and people on here love him.   Delmon Young was an Oriole and did actual real life bad things and I think only one or two people on here complained about him being on the team. 

I always complain about bad behavior as an Oriole. And I always complain about our PED abusers. I do not like Davis Ortiz. Not because he was a Red Sox. 

33 minutes ago, cimota said:

Far worse?  I've been the first to point out Machado's bratty behavior but what has he done far worse?  A dirty slide?  Throwing a punch?

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think you're overstating the severity of Bautista's shoulder injury and it's effect on his throwing.   So far as I know, he's never been diagnosed as having a torn labrum.   Last year, fangraphs rated his arm as slightly below average (-0.8 runs), and he held runners to one base on a single, two on a double 52% of the time, compared to 47% league average.     His fielding issues have been more about declining range than a lame arm.   That said, he used to have a cannon, and doesn't anymore. 

I really think the back-pick on Delmon he really knocked something out of whack. I've done it myself on my left shoulder. Tightening a vise down on a machine table. Not even tightening it but just snugging it up. The simplest, most non-exertion move I ever did and my shoulder just popped. It's never been the same since.

3 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Far worse?  I've been the first to point out Machado's bratty behavior but what has he done far worse?  A dirty slide?  Throwing a punch?

I am going to go out on a limb and say he probably means throwing a bat at a player.

3 hours ago, Number5 said:

Huge difference.  Cruz cost a 2nd round pick, since we already had signed Ubaldo.  Cruz cost half of the $17 million you are talking about.  Cruz could still net us a first round comp pick the following year, whereas the new CBA prohibits that in Bautista's case.  Night and day, really.

Forgive me because I don't recall, are you a proponent of signing Trumbo?

55 minutes ago, cimota said:

Actually, I've called out Manny quite a few times for his attitude. I don't like his attitude or lack of hustle at times 

1 hour ago, cimota said:

Until it happened, I never knew that fans cared so passionately about dugout phones and other inanimate objects. 

4 hours ago, Number5 said:

Huge difference.  Cruz cost a 2nd round pick, since we already had signed Ubaldo.  Cruz cost half of the $17 million you are talking about.  Cruz could still net us a first round comp pick the following year, whereas the new CBA prohibits that in Bautista's case.  Night and day, really.

Do you think Nelson Cruz's 2014 season would have been worth $17 million plus a first round pick? I think it was easily worth that. 

Archived