Rumor (from December): Brad Brach for Mallex Smith

Orange

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, fansince71 said:

I was thinking the same thing, time to get Fowler.

Fowler makes so much since for the Orioles that it's no surprise they don't seem to be interested in him. DD basically said they aren't in on Fowler. 5/80 seems reasonable in today's market.

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Fowler makes so much since for the Orioles that it's no surprise they don't seem to be interested in him. DD basically said they aren't in on Fowler. 5/80 seems reasonable in today's market.

Nats either, strange indeed.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

If reports are true that the Rockies are still in on Trumbo, would Brach net us Charlie Blackmon?

The guy who hit .320 with nearly 30 hrs and 17 steals with even home and away splits?

No...

2 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Don't we already have a Mallex Smith in Joey Rickard? Why give up Brach for a questionable player that may or may not have a major league bat. Just play Rickard then.

Rickard:  age 25, -0.5 rWAR, -0.7 fWAR.

Smith: age 23, 1.0 rWAR, 0.5 fWAR.

Not much of a comparison.   Given the age difference, Smith seems to have far more upside than Rickard.

Obviously I am a big homer to bring Markakis back but thats just my personal thing,  The big point I believe here is that having a strong right fielder is important in our division with how the other right field ball parks play.  Thinking that we can just platoon or fill in gaps with low grade right fielders has obviously been a bad decision.  If not Markakis then lets go find a good solid right fielder and bite the bullet

Archived