Rumor (from December): Brad Brach for Mallex Smith

Orange

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Serious question...

Do you ever do anything but whine and complain? Because that's literally all I ever seen you do.

Like, if I were to gauge the Orioles' performance solely by your comments on OH, I would be left to assume that the Orioles had just completed their 19th consecutive losing season rather than a 3rd playoff appearance in the last 5 years.

The "Ignore User" function, when used selectively, can do wonders to make your OH experience much more enjoyable. 

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if can stay healthy he can be better than he was last year.

But you can't out wrestle the old hag.

Agreed.    My observation is that Jones' loss of speed from 2015 to 2016 was more than I'd expect from a player in a single year.    It showed up in his CF range, but also in his time running to 1B.    There were many times last year where I was surprised that he hadn't beaten out a ground ball in the hole or a slow roller.   Jones was hurt to begin the season and in my opinion he was never 100% all season.    My hope is that he comes into the 2017 season completely healthy.    Odds are good that he gets nicked up as the season goes along (it seems he always does), but it would be nice not to be hobbling from day one.    Then we'll see if his loss of speed in 2016 was just Father Time doing its thing, or the effect of being a bit hobbled.    (Needless to say, age also tends to lead to being more injury-prone and taking longer to heal, so the two causes aren't necessarily unrelated.)

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Agreed.    My observation is that Jones' loss of speed from 2015 to 2016 was more than I'd expect from a player in a single year.    It showed up in his CF range, but also in his time running to 1B.    There were many times last year where I was surprised that he hadn't beaten out a ground ball in the hole or a slow roller.   Jones was hurt to begin the season and in my opinion he was never 100% all season.    My hope is that he comes into the 2017 season completely healthy.    Odds are good that he gets nicked up as the season goes along (it seems he always does), but it would be nice not to be hobbling from day one.    Then we'll see if his loss of speed in 2016 was just Father Time doing its thing, or the effect of being a bit hobbled.    (Needless to say, age also tends to lead to being more injury-prone and taking longer to heal, so the two causes aren't necessarily unrelated.)

My opinion also. Not old age. A man who could not get well. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/7/2016 at 4:04 PM, Orange said:

MLBTradeRumors.com reported that the Braves came asking about Brach and we asked for Mallex Smith and they said no.  Seems like a really good deal for both sides, actually.  Smith will be a fourth OF for the Braves at this point and has had an uneven start to his MLB career... but 24 years old, good MiLB numbers, and 5 years of control.

Bump....

This guy Mallex Smith has been a thorn in our side this year.   He's a good young player and it's too bad Tampa turned us down.

• PaulFolk changed the title to Rumor (from December): Brad Brach for Mallex Smihttp://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27176-rumor-brad-brach-for-mallex-smith/th
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Bump....

This guy Mallex Smith has been a thorn in our side this year.   He's a good young player and it's too bad Tampa turned us down.

Who did the Braves get for him?

EDIT: I looked and he was traded for a couple of very young pitchers who are doing quite well at the lower level of the minors.

Archived