Kruk Bashes O's

markakis4pres

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 8 games identified in the Sun were ones that we should have won. There have been others as well. All in all I think Perlozzo cost us 8-10 games with his management. We should be right there...
If you believe that Perlozzo cost us 8-10 games with his management, I've got some swampland for you to buy.

In the eight games the Sun mentioned, the Orioles won one of those. In five of the other games the Oriole offense scored four runs or less. Perhaps our 13th ranked offense in the American League was a major cause of us losing these games.

I laughed at the Sun questioning Sam's moves in the 13-4 loss to the Red Sox. Blaming Sam Perlozzo for a 13-4 loss is pretty silly isn't it?

In two of the other games, Chris Ray, our closer, gave up walk-off home runs to Alex Rodriguez and Vladimar Guerrero.

Sam didn't lose these games for the Orioles. The players did.

Well, I guess this is why Phillips is now in the booth and NOT in operations anymore. He really ticks me off too. I hated that segment. And as much as they are tools they probably did mean Dusty Baker.

Phillips is in the booth because he was a terrible GM...That being said, he didn't say anything wrong here.

If I'm the Yankees, Red Sox, or Barry Bonds; I'd be pissed that ESPN took time away from them for a couple of hours and talked about the Orioles. Doesn't ESPN know that they are supposed to constantly talk about the above mentioned? That is unitl T.O. pulls up in his driveway

2) Kruk is very good friends with Perlozzo.

Exactly, so basically his whole opinion regarding the firing is crap. He's said they've been friends for years. How can he look at the situation impartially?

Oh and leave it to Steve Phillips to continue harping on the FO spent a lot of money on the BP in the offseason and how they aren't working out. The only addition that's not working out is Baez...it's the guys from last year that are sucking. Plus I have a feeling that Baez has been hiding an injury for awhile now.

I'm sorry but the guys on Baseball Tonight, aside from Gammons, Ravech and Kurkjian, are basically morons who only have a job on there because they could once hit/throw a baseball.

Phillips is in the booth because he was a terrible GM...That being said, he didn't say anything wrong here.

I don't disagree that many of the things he said are right, but its not like the Mets he inherited weren't in pretty dire straights too and he jumped all over that.

1993 Anthony Young loses 27 straight, 1994 Dwight Gooden and the Drugs, 1995 20 games below .500 I think, 6 straight losing seasons prior to his arrival, a group of young arms that they hung their hopes on, i.e. Isringhausen, Pulsipher and Wilson. A farm system in the lower third and second billing in their own home town. He took the job there for the opportunity and a chance to bring a franchise back, no one is saying we are the model franchise, no one, but there is hope just like there was in 97 for the Mets.

It's like you and your siblings being pissed off about something your parents made you do and you talk a lot of crap about them...but you get pissed when someone says something mean about them...

I think this is kind of where people are coming from and why they are calling it bashing. Plus the fact that we know that Kruk and Philips know nothing about Orioles baseball and/or the way the FO works, other than hearsay.

Put it this way, I bet if it was Tim Kurkjian that was saying this stuff people wouldn't be nearly as upset...although I doubt Kurkjian would have said any of the misinformed stuff that was said.

I happened to catch Kruk on ESPN radio yesterday afternoon, and he was just killing the O's even worse there.

He repeatedly called their roster "junk" and said they were fools to throw that team out on the field and ask/expect Perlozzo to "make us a winner."

He ripped them hard in that segment.

Yeah they keep saying how the offense is horrible(and it has been)and that the FO should be fired for putting them out on the field. But this is basically the same lineup as last year plus Huff, that was basically average scoring 768 runs. No one in their right mind expected this team to not at least score that many runs this year, if not more. The team this year is on pace to score 699 runs...that's a big difference. They are on pace to give up 730 runs, that would look a lot better with that 768 runs scored from last year. But I'm sure Kruk predicted that the offense would totally tank this year.

Yeah they keep saying how the offense is horrible(and it has been)and that the FO should be fired for putting them out on the field. But this is basically the same lineup as last year plus Huff, that was basically average scoring 768 runs. No one in their right mind expected this team to not at least score that many runs this year, if not more. The team this year is on pace to score 699 runs...that's a big difference. They are on pace to give up 730 runs, that would look a lot better with that 768 runs scored from last year. But I'm sure Kruk predicted that the offense would totally tank this year.

Just a guess, but I suspect Kruk would call 699 the correct expectation, and 768 the outlier.

That is, the O's were more lucky last year than unlucky this year.

I think this is kind of where people are coming from and why they are calling it bashing. Plus the fact that we know that Kruk and Philips know nothing about Orioles baseball and/or the way the FO works, other than hearsay.

Put it this way, I bet if it was Tim Kurkjian that was saying this stuff people wouldn't be nearly as upset...although I doubt Kurkjian would have said any of the misinformed stuff that was said.

Thats the problem I have with this whole thing. The two talking heads on BBTN were so misinformed on this topic. Calling the roster junk? That right there did it for me.

Archived