What Are The Chances These Free Agents Return To The Orioles?

PressBoxOnline

I agree with most of this  except for the following three items.

Tommy Hunter - Tommy best chance of returning to the O's is if they need to trade Brach to get an outfielder.   I'd rather have Brach stay but reality is you have to trade some to get something.  If the O's sign Trumbo and he plays part time in the outfield I think the of keep Brach which makes Tommy on the outside looking in.  Tommy  sure get a major league offer from someone.  I don't see him needing to sign a minor league deal.

Michael Borrn - I don't see him back with the O's. Especially if Trumbo comes back.  The O's would have Jones, Kim, Rickard. Tavarez and Trumbo.   There would be no room for Bourn and  he will probably be too expensive for the role the O's want him to play  anyway.

Paul Janish - I think Janish is just as likely to be signed to a minor league contract this year as he was last year.   Hardy is just as injury prone as last year and the O's will need a fill-in infielder when Hardy goes on the DL.   Rich sights some personally  issues that Janish has that I have no way of knowing about.  However,  Janish did accept the minor league contract last year as a means of  getting back the the majors;  He may do it again.

Archived