Regret

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, weams said:

Miller has never been a real closer. BTW. Nor did he get that job from the Yankees. 

He got the job when he first got to the Yankees. He was the closer from start to finish in 2015 before they got Chapman and delivered 36 saves. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

He got the job when he first got to the Yankees. He was the closer from start to finish in 2015 before they got Chapman and delivered 36 saves. 

You know, you are right. I completely forgot that. Thanks. 

On 1/25/2017 at 3:38 PM, weams said:

Miller has never been a real closer. BTW. Nor did he get that job from the Yankees. 

Miller probably wanted very badly to be a closer. Why I never thought he'd extend or sign with us. But then the Yankees offered him a BUTTLOAD of money and not closing and he said "Wellllll... ok!"

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Miller probably wanted very badly to be a closer. Why I never thought he'd extend or sign with us. But then the Yankees offered him a BUTTLOAD of money and not closing and he said "Wellllll... ok!"

Well, it seemed like a lot of money at the time,    Compared to what Chapman, Melancon and Jansen are making, its chump-change!

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, it seemed like a lot of money at the time,    Compared to what Chapman, Melancon and Jansen are making, its chump-change!

Yeah really! Miller's contract was like the first big salvo in a market that went just ballistic!

29 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

He only got 4/36.  That never made sense to me.  He should've gotten twice that. 

I was pissed when he got that - the Orioles easily could've afforded that contract.  Granted, O'Day probably walks the following year, but I'd take Miller over O'Day any day of the week, and that's not a slight against O'Day at all.  Miller is just that good, and his contract is a steal at this point.

46 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

He only got 4/36.  That never made sense to me.  He should've gotten twice that. 

Ya think?

I don't.

He was converted to a reliever in 2012 and put up 71 innings from 2012-2013.  He was hurt in 2013.

He had no track record of dominance or durability before the 2014 season.

Sure he looked great in 2014 but to cash in on the really big money you need to do more than that.

36 minutes ago, esmd said:

I was pissed when he got that - the Orioles easily could've afforded that contract.  Granted, O'Day probably walks the following year, but I'd take Miller over O'Day any day of the week, and that's not a slight against O'Day at all.  Miller is just that good, and his contract is a steal at this point.

Boo hoo!     The bullpen is the least of our problems.    No. 1 in the AL last year, and consistently excellent.  Miller was a luxury at the time, not a necessity for us.   

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Boo hoo!     The bullpen is the least of our problems.    No. 1 in the AL last year, and consistently excellent.  Miller was a luxury at the time, not a necessity for us.   

This. We weren't right for Miller and Miller wasn't right for us.

Archived