Dubroff: Machado Wants to Stay With the Orioles

Aristotelian

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 24th, 2016: 

OFFNY said:

In my rat's ass of an opinion, Machado wants to stay an Oriole, and have a chance to be another "Mr. Oriole."

I think that that is part of the reason why he let it be known that he is open to contract extension negotiations earlier this season.

So if the Orioles give him a "fair" offer (boatloads of money, but not necessarily the absolute most that he could get on the open market), I think he'll take it.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26569-vs-dbacks-924/&page=17#comment-2031409

I hope you are right. I also hope giving that foolish contract to Davis does not keep us from locking up Manny. MLB network shredder (doesn't mean they are right, but...) had Davis at #9 among 1B, that is it, #9. Again, I get that apparently we can't blame Dan for that one, as allegedly Peter made it happen (Dan actually got Trumbo who would have been worth more at 1B than RF as insurance against Davis leaving.)

I think we've seen enough from Manny to know that he has a bit of an ego. Add to that the fact that he's still extremely young and immature and I  don't think it will be enough to resist his agent talking in his ear about how this is his "chance to cash in". If I was a betting man I'd say there's a 75% chance he goes to the highest bidder and that won't be the Orioles. It's the Orioles job to determine if that's the case this season. And if they feel like that's how it will play out they need to trade him and restock the farm system. 

Archived