They All Break

weams

39 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

De Grom's elbow is "barking".  Going to get an MRI.  Good thing he got his money.

Story after story of why fan pressure should have 0 impact for teams when considering signing players to extensions. Had 2 years of control left. Much smarter to wait, ESPECIALLY with a pitcher, unless you are getting a huge discount, which it really didn't look like they got one.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Just wait it will come sooner or later.  

Harvey is one player I wouldn’t worry about playing service clock games with. If he is ever ready for the show just call him up. Who knows how any more pitches are left in that arm. 

I wonder why they don't start grooming him for the bullpen. Seems like an obvious move at SOME point. Maybe not quite yet. But heck... when he's on, he's really darned good.

I'd rather get high-leverage reliever out of him than injured "starter."

On 4/13/2019 at 7:00 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(FOUR DAYS LATER)

l

The Hurty Dozen: Yanks Add Sanchez to Crowded IL

(By Coley Harvey)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26506950/yanks-add-sanchez-crowded-il

o

On 4/16/2019 at 1:15 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(SEVEN DAYS LATER)

Yanks Add Bird to Crowded IL

(By Coley Harvey)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26537294/yankees-add-bird-crowded-il-voit-start

o

22 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

o

He's going on the DL.

Judge has ‘Pretty Significant Strain,’ Will Be Out Awhile

(Associated Press)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-aaron-judge-oblique-injury-20190421-yku7yx2tbrgvreij6uh2nnrdya-story.html

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

He's going on the DL.

(Associated Press)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sports-aaron-judge-oblique-injury-20190421-yku7yx2tbrgvreij6uh2nnrdya-story.html

o

I figured an oblique injury for Judge would keep him sidelined for some time. 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, SteveA said:

I don't know if he would have pitched against us this week, but reigning Cy Young winner Blake Snell goes on the DL with a fractured toe, suffered when he "got out of the shower and tried to move a large granite item".

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26538874/bathroom-break-rays-snell-fractures-toe-il

On 4/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Only one start?  I know it is one of the smaller toes but I hope they don't rush him back, it could screw up his mechanics.

I'd just like to say I've looked for this thread in the MLB section maybe 20 times now.  Not sure why it lives in Orioles Talk.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, OFFNY said:

o

He's going on the DL.

(Associated Press)

o

Yanks' Frazier to IL; Stanton's recovery hits snag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I'd just like to say I've looked for this thread in the MLB section maybe 20 times now.  Not sure why it lives in Orioles Talk.

You should understand that the purpose of this thread explains it's existence in the Orioles Talk  section.  The title of the thread is self explanatory but...

1) When this thread pops up, it is intended to be a cruel punch in the gut.  Your worst fears about...Orioles like Bundy, Gausman, Harvey, Manny, etc...immediately designed to cause the reader and Oriole fan, intense pain.

2)  Each time the thread pops up and it is NOT Oriole related, there is a two fold purpose.  The first purpose, and I cannot stress this strongly enough, is to cause the reader and Oriole fan, an intense and crushing pain. The second purpose, in this instance is to make the reader aware of the fact that contrary to popular opinion (read OH), the Orioles are not the only team to suffer losses.  But the important thing to remember and the reason we never do, is that this reminder comes essentially after falling to the floor and getting into a fetal position because Harvey is hurt again.

3)  This post is also intending to be self probingly philosophical, in that, by asserting They All Break, the post, is letting the reader know that the breaking is in fact, inevitable.  This is the triad benefit of the, ironically three word thread title.  One, the reader, an Oriole fan,  automatically clicks thread, causing near catastrophic pain as the reader jumps to the conclusion that whatever worst case scenario is imagined...will be true.  2)  Even if the worst case imagined by said Oriole fan is not the actual reason for the post, the immediate assurance is essentially presented as though it is somehow, while the reader is still feeling the pain, this time it is someone else's.  Then, having suffered the tremendous pain needlessly, and then coming to the realization that the pain was self inflicted and in fact not necessary, the reader, slowly gets up from the floor only to be kicked in the nuts with the circular awareness that the pain, is ultimately inevitable.

In fairness Corn, there is more to this than you initially thought, but the answer is that it is deliberately not in the MLB section, because if it was posted there, it would remove the pain and therefore would be totally unnecessary.