WBC Here, If you like it.

weams

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leyland's terrible. USA keeps recycling old, outdated managers then doesn't understand why they lose. Roark isn't a good relief pitch, Miller got up twice on Friday but didn't get in. Leyland should be roasted but he won't and the media will blame Trout or Harper or Kershaw or Syndergaard when the real problem is they're trying to win using 30 year old strategy.

14 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

Leyland's terrible. USA keeps recycling old, outdated managers then doesn't understand why they lose. Roark isn't a good relief pitch, Miller got up twice on Friday but didn't get in. Leyland should be roasted but he won't and the media will blame Trout or Harper or Kershaw or Syndergaard when the real problem is they're trying to win using 30 year old strategy.

I think it is funny that team Israel, which has exactly one player that isn't an American, is doing better than team USA.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it is funny that team Israel, which has exactly one player that isn't an American, is doing better than team USA.

Probably because Jerry Weinstein is smart enough to not bat Eric Hosmer 5th ahead of both Paul Goldschmidt and Giancarlo Stanton.  Eric negative fWAR Hosmer. The same Eric Hosmer that fangraphs ranked 22nd out of 23 firstbasemen.

2 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

Probably because Jerry Weinstein is smart enough to not bat Eric Hosmer 5th ahead of both Paul Goldschmidt and Giancarlo Stanton.  Eric negative fWAR Hosmer. The same Eric Hosmer that fangraphs ranked 22nd out of 23 firstbasemen.

I'm pretty sure Hosmer didn't give up seven runs.  I'm not seeing Jones as a #2 hitter, is it because he can bunt?

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty sure Hosmer didn't give up seven runs.  I'm not seeing Jones as a #2 hitter, is it because he can bunt?

Jones batting second is simply another bad decision. I normally let single game tactics slide but when every decision is bad I tend to get a little pissy

Archived